Monday, October 31, 2011

Hello Family,

Well, Happy Halloween to everyone out there. They don't really celebrate Halloween here. Some of the younger kids will dress up for school and they will have a little party. So, in celebration we are going to a cemetery! This weekend is the Day of the Dead. SO, its kinda like memorial Day in the USA. They go to the Cemeteries and decorate the graves with flowers, lights and palm leaf type things over the graves. Then we are going to make dinner with the McFadden's and the Elders; Taco Soup and Corn Bread.

We had a quite a week. We are getting a our rhythm down more and more. I have really come to realize how much I still have to learn and that I still have so much to learn as a missionary. I have not been as patient as I need to be...I get so stressed some times and unfortunately Sora Moulton gets the bad end of it. I am going to be better. I just have to remember that all of this is SO new to her and I am so used to being the one that is being taught. I never understood how stressful missionary work really is. I don't know if I have ever been as stressed out in my entire life. Of course I had times of high stress like finals, but that is a week and then it is over...I still have just under a year of this! Not that I am complaining just trying to get some of these feelings out.

Yesterday we had a really great experience...Elder McFadden taught all of the Priesthood Brethren about the Priesthood and the importance of using the Priesthood. We were combined because it was the 5th Sunday. He and the Elders taught how to consecrate or bless the oil and then the different blessings they can give. Then they gave many of the Sisters blessings and then some of the brethren. It was so wonderful to see these wonderful priesthood holders share the great power of the Priesthood with others. The spirit was so strong. I love seeing men practice their authority and taking the calling with such importance. I encourage each of you this week to look for a way that you can use your priesthood authority more fully.

On Friday we had an interviews with the mission president and the Assistants. They came over to Arad. It is always SO great to see him and his wife. We also started English classes this week! Our first class was a WRECK!!! Not really, but all of the students were SO quite that it was super awkward, but don't worry Saturday was better and the kids lightened up a bit. We are teaching beginners again, SO it should be fun!

I have been studying ALMA. I'm going through it really slow...I LOVE the BOOK OF MORMON. Its so interesting how much of it I have missed in the past. Alma was such a great missionary and he taught with such boldness and confidence. I LOVE it. I'm excited to get more and more into it.

So, I would love to hear from the brothers about hunting!! Also, some pictures might be nice too! What did you think of Carson? Also can you believe that my B-day is in 29 Days!

Sorry this week is so short. I want you to know that I love you all so much. I know that this church is the only and true church here upon the Earth. That Heavenly Father has a great plan for each and every one of us. He loves his Children and he wants all of us to return to him . Thanks for all of your letters, love and support. I LOVE YOU all so much. I miss you too!

Va iubesc
Sora Hickman