Monday, October 3, 2011

Hello family and friends!

ANN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! This is A BIG shout out to my favorite sister ANN who just turned 26 multi iniete!!! I love you and sad that I missed your birthday, but don't worry I'll be there when you turn 27!
Happy Birthday to YOU, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear ANN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!! (now don't forget, my birthday is just a couple months away :))

Wow what a week! I know I always say that, but I really did have a GREAT week. SO lets get right down to business.

Tuesday night we met with Lucretia and right now she is not very open to the gospel, but we are loving the opportunities we get to see her. She is making progress...for example its been months since she has prayed, but she prayed with us! We sang a whole bunch of hymns with her, she loves them and she is a pretty good singer. So we are in the process of cleaning up her house. Then the Cluj missionaries came for ZONE CONFERENCE and we went to pick them up at the Gara (train Station). Wednesday Sora Puckett and I got up really early to do a long Run, about 7 miles. The Brosov sisters got in a 5:30 a.m., so we just got up and gave them our beds and went on a run. Conference was MARVELOUS. We talked about getting excited for contacting and making sure we talk to every one. We also discussed the importance of staying up on our area book and the importance of being organized, in order to help future missionaries. Then Sora Puckett, Sora Mullen and Elder Schank (Skank) gave their "dying testimonies" meaning their last testimony at Zone Conference. CRAZY!!

Elder Schank is our Zone/District leader right now and he goes home with Sora Mullen. Which will be in the middle of December. Anyway he said something that was like a light bulb turning on for me. We all have the potential to be perfect, but we will never be perfect in this life, so that is why we have to strive everyday to repent and do better. I feel like sometimes as a missionary I am never good enough. At nights when I get home, I think some times...man what did I do today. Or, Man I could have done so much better! When really I should be grateful for everything I did do and thank my Heavenly Father for all the miracles He provided for me that day. I was listening to a conference talk this morning from April. It said that tearing down of ones self comes from the Devil and can be just as bad as being too easy on yourself. I really liked what Elder Schank said because it is SO true. We all have the capability to be PERFECT and we will, but just not in this life.

Then right after that we started splits. Sora Mullen got to stay here with me and then we went to CLUJ on Friday. It was marvelous. I got to see Bia, who is the daughter of Tibi, who was baptized in July. She taught me the Plan of Salvation and then she prayed!!!! Oh, it was marvelous to see her. She was super excited and I just know that she will get baptized soon.

Then Saturday and Sunday night we had the wonderful opportunity to listen to conference. I got to see the morning sessions. For us it was 7 p.m...so we watched it and then went home. I hope to be able to watch more and more of it this week. Thank goodness we have the McFaddens, who have a computer. I was SHOCKED that they announced a temple in Wyoming and another in Provo!! WOW!!

Well, I am excited for all my brothers who are going Elk Hunting and I heard that Carson got work off...WOO HOO! Make sure you take pictures...I know it is a couple of weeks away, but I'm just giving you a heads up!

Love you all a ton and a ton,

Sora Hickman