Monday, October 24, 2011

Hello Family!
Okay, so I have such a week to tell you about! SO, lets get started. Oh, first off mom will you put in along with this email my regular address for Bucharest on my Blog? Aunt Georgia wanted it. Also, Mom I got your letter this last week. I measured my finger and I am a size 8 for my ring size.
Okay, so this week we had a great opportunity to go down to Buc and listen to Elder Jose A. Teixeira and his wife. They are from Portugal and it was AMAZING!!!! I just felt SO pumped and ready to apply the things he encouraged us to do. He gave a great analogy of Gold and when you find GOLD there is usually more where it came from in the same area. He related this to our investigators and members. Meaning they have already accepted and so we need to work in their areas. SO, he encouraged us to pray with our investigators and members...meaning to pray for specific family members, friends, neighbors, coworkers and all those that they know. Now it is not necessarily for those people to hear our message, but that they will be blessed with their needs. He gave an example like if Sora Dona's sister needs a husband, to pray that she will find a husband or if Christina needs a job, pray for her to get a job. SO, we started that and we had some really spiritual and uplifting experiences. The members really liked it that we prayed with. Many of the members are part member families and so to pray for their husbands and kids each by name... it was so powerful and we hope to be able to teach these people soon. He also encouraged us...that when we go in homes to teach, invite everyone in and let every one hear about our message. So, we will continue to build from this.
Sora Moulton and I left for Buc Tuesday night and got in early Wednesday morning. We did some visa stuff for her and then had a long day of contacting and meeting people. The sisters from Cluj and Brasov including Soras Mullen, Jones, Savage and Henrie all had to come early to the conference as well; so, we spent most of the time with them. We did some more chalk contacting in Izvor Park in Buc. It was Awesome...we had about 12 missionaries with us there and it was SO wonderful and POWERFUL! SO, when I talk about chalk contacting we draw out the plan of salvation and then we ask people as they walk by questions like, "Do you know where you are going after this life"? or "Hey have you ever seen something like this before?" Then we start to talk to them. It is great, it helps them to get to know our purpose, why we are here and we get the name of the church out too!
After the conference on Thursday we had some time to contact and then we went back to the Gara (train Station) and headed back to Arad. We were truly blessed to have Elder Teixeira and his wife come and visit us. They both were so inspired...I loved it!
Yesterday at church we had a marvelous District conference with the branches from Deva, Timisoara and Oradea that came down. Our District Presidency changed and so did our Branch Presidency. We had about 90 members in our Villa here in Arad. The Spirit was SO strong. The theme of the conference was D&C 1:30. They discussed the goals and where they want the Church to be in the next few years with a stake and church buildings in all of these small branches. Oh, it was SO powerful and wonderful.
Oh, we also have a couple baptismal dates sent for Nov. 12th for Melinda and Angie. Will you keep them in your prayers? SO excited for them! I wish I had more time to write about all of our investigators...but I don't so more to come next week...
I am so grateful I am a daughter of God and that I have the opportunity to be here serving a mission in Romania. There are great thing that are going to be happening in the next few years and I am proud to say that I am going to be a part of it. I love you all. I love hearing from you all too.
Brady thanks for FINALLY writing me! ha ha JK love you, but I need your home address or school address. Cars don't you fret I have letters that should be coming your way...I got a few sent back to me and I am not sure why, but I will get those sent off soon. I'm sorry if you've been with out a letter for a couple weeks or a month. :) Mom tell Sarah Griggs I'm working on a letter and I will get in to her soon.
I can't tell you how much I love you all and I am so grateful for all that you do for me. Don't forget that my Birthday is in 36 DAYS!!!! ha ha
Love you,
Sora Hickman