Okay, Tuesday I got to spend the day in Buc with Sora Holman. SO fun we went to visit some less actives and got ready for the new missionaries who were coming in that day. We also, went out to lunch to say goodbye to Sora Hansen and Sora Puckett before they left. I love you both and I hope you are enjoying America :) We had 3 of the new sisters stay with us at the apartment in Buc. So fun to be there for their beginning hours of Romania!
Wednesday was TRANSFERS!!!! We had a trainers meeting for all of the sisters who would be training. Sora Moulton is my new companion. They have introduced a new training program that is a bit different. They gave us a book and it tells you what to study and watch for companionship study. We also now have 2 hours for companionship study instead of just 1. We received new portable DVD players; they will have us watch different training videos from Preach My Gospel. SO it is A TON different than when I was trained. I like it so far, but it has been a big adjustment. After the training meeting we went back to the Gata(Train Station), we got tickets and headed back to Arad. For our nice LONG 12 hour train ride! It was great though because we met some AWESOME painting and sculpting artists from Germany, they knew English so we got to talk to them.
Thursday we arrived in Arad, had a meet and greet at the McFadden's, afterward we visited some great members and less actives. It is different training because you have to teach and explain everything. I'm so glad that Sora Moulton catches on so fast and that she can really carry her own.
We had a great fireside on Saturday that a total of 5 members showed up. :) But it went okay; they shared their conversion stories and Lucretia came with us. She liked it and the members were all so good to her. She is doing well, but she has this problem with a lady, who is not very nice to her, who works not to far from her and when Lucretia sees her she changes and gets really nervous, upset and mad. So we hope that she can get things taken care of. I hope that Lucretia will take part in the gospel right now. She loves us and the Branch but she has to do things for herself also.
Sunday was WONDERFUL as always, I really look forward to Sundays some times they can be a bit stressful but for the most part I really enjoy that Spiritual reboost.
I am grateful that I have this opportunity to serve here in Romania and that right now I get to be a trainer. We met with a couple of our other investigators Melinda and her mom Angie. We are trying to get them baptized. The problem right now is that Melinda's dad, who is Angie's boyfriend, is in Italy right now working. So we are waiting for him to get back.
Well, a little about Sora Moulton she grew up in California, lived in New Hampshire for a while but her family is in South Jordan right now. She graduated from BYU about a year ago and then she worked at a company that edited books for radiology. She is great, she has 4 younger siblings. Something very interesting about her is that she actually studied here in Romania about 3 years ago in the orphanages and hospitals over in Lasi (another city in Romania). Then she studied Romanian when she moved back to the states, so she knows the language really well! Such a blessing. We get a long great....she loves to RUN :) She is 23 and is a doll of all dolls...really she has a HUGE heart and I am so grateful that I get to serve with her because hopefully I can learn a thing or two from her.
I want to give a BIG shout out to my big sister Jenice! Today is her B-DAY! Love you and hope you had a wonderful day.
I am grateful that I have this opportunity to serve here in Romania and that right now I get to be a trainer. We met with a couple of our other investigators Melinda and her mom Angie. We are trying to get them baptized. The problem right now is that Melinda's dad, who is Angie's boyfriend, is in Italy right now working. So we are waiting for him to get back.
Well, a little about Sora Moulton she grew up in California, lived in New Hampshire for a while but her family is in South Jordan right now. She graduated from BYU about a year ago and then she worked at a company that edited books for radiology. She is great, she has 4 younger siblings. Something very interesting about her is that she actually studied here in Romania about 3 years ago in the orphanages and hospitals over in Lasi (another city in Romania). Then she studied Romanian when she moved back to the states, so she knows the language really well! Such a blessing. We get a long great....she loves to RUN :) She is 23 and is a doll of all dolls...really she has a HUGE heart and I am so grateful that I get to serve with her because hopefully I can learn a thing or two from her.
I want to give a BIG shout out to my big sister Jenice! Today is her B-DAY! Love you and hope you had a wonderful day.
Also, I can't wait to hear about the hunting trip. Cars emailed before he left but I'll be excited for next week to see how it all went. I also received letters from the Stetson Hills Ward -mom make sure to tell them thank you and I got one from Aunt Jenny as well! Thank you all for your love and support! I love you all!
Also, if anyone reads this I have a couple people that I want to write but I do not have emails....Katy Broughton and Lauren Shields...So if anyone reads this and if you can give me some info just email me.
LOTS and LOTS of love from me to you!
Va iubesc
Sora Hickman