Okay, I have so much to tell you! First off I am training!! I feel very honored and very humbled. I'm the youngest sister to train in this round. Sora Henrie who was also in the MTC at the same time, well the group ahead of me, is also training. SO I will be staying in Arad. Our Zone leaders will be the same Elder Schank and Elder Schroedter. So super excited but keep me in your prayers as always!
Well, we had a wonderful week. I am in Buc right now. Sora Puckett and I took a train last night at 6:45 and got into Buc about 6 this morning...then our taxi driver got super lost and we drove around Buc for about 45 mins. Don't fret though bc we then got fed a DELICIOUS Monday morning breakfast by the Wolsey's. They are a great couple that are from Canada and are here on a Humanitarian mission....SUPER DUPER good pancake breakfast.
Well, church yesterday was marvelous. We had a great fast a testimony meeting. I love it that I can understand so well now. It is getting easier to listen to the spirit, than having to worry about what they are saying.
Saturday, we had our last English class for this transfer. In the end we had 2 star students that came to every class and really are starting to progress. I hope that they will come next transfer so we can get to know each other better. Both of them would be excellent members of the Church. We also celebrated Elder Schanks birthday!! We made a killer cake and I made a fun candy bar poster for him, then we went to lunch.
I am so excited, I get to stay in Arad and I get to be there with my BABY!! ha ha That's some mission lingo for you.
Also, next week we have a GREAT opportunity to have a big conference here in Buc with Elder Jose A. Teixeira! So, we will be back here in Buc next Tuesday and Wednesday. I am super excited. SO for the next couple days I will be staying with Sora Holman here in Buc. We will be together till Wednesday when I meet my new companion!!! WOW I think i am still in shock a bit... I'm going to be a trainer.
I am so excited to hear about the Elk Hunt. Carson wrote me and said that he is excited, I just barely skimmed his email, but I am super excited for all of the family to meet him.
Lucretia is doing ok. She is so sick right now and has been taking a lot of pain medication. We went over on Wednesday and cleaned her house for her. I LOVE serving these people. I just wish there was more that I could do.
We took some time on Saturday night to watch more of conference. I LOVED LOVED LOVED Elder Holland's talk about getting ready for a mission. He said something that I really liked. He was talking about those that have served missions, then having children and then they go on missions, you can truly say, "In this family we serve missions!" I can not wait to have children and rear them in the gospel. So that I can say "in my family we serve mission"...Mom and Dad you can already say that and so can Grandpa and Grandma Hickman.
I want you all to know that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is the ONLY true church here upon the Earth. I know that if we follow the teachings our lives will have more meaning. We will be happier. We will find joy in EVERY moment. Your family will be unified and you will have a better relationship with your family.
Mom and Dad, thank you for being active members and for teaching me, your little baby the great principles of the gospel.
I am sorry this is SO long, but I love you all and I hope that you all have a wonderful week. To all the brothers have a great time hunting! Don't forget to send me pictures. I know all of you are going to have your Iphones up there so do use that technology.
Va Iubesc,
Your Baby Sora Hickman
P.S. I want to tell Cars I got your email...Thanks for staying up SO late to make sure I got it. I was online when you were struggling. I kept seeing 1 new message in my inbox and them again and again I received a new message. Also, Sora Mullen, I am so SAD I won't see you at transfers, but I am super happy that you get to stay in CLUJ!! (With such a BALLER district) Don't you worry we will see each other at the conference next week (when you receive this it will be tomorrow.) Sora Harward, I love hearing from you just so you know. Your emails are the best. Also, Keag things sound SO great in Brazil!