Monday, September 26, 2011

Natale's Letter September 26, 2011

Hello Family!
Well dad, as you stated in the beginning of your letter about the time going by SO fast when you are having fun or really in general all I can say is you can say that again. I feel every week that I have just written to you all.
Man, what a week Sora Puckett and I had. I can't wait to tell you all about it. Well, this coming week is going to be FULL too!!! We have Zone Conference on Wednesday and they are combining two zones. So, the Cluj sisters get to come here!! I will see Sora Mullen again! Then Sora Mullen and I get to go back to Cluj together for SISTER EXCHANGES!!!!!! Woo Hoo!! I'm stoked and even better I get to go to Cluj. Then this week we get to watch CONFERENCE!! Yay. I'm not sure yet if we can get all the session, well, I know we can get the sessions, but with the time changes and all that...I'm not sure how it will all go, but I am SUPER EXCITED!!!!!
Well, something cultural that I wanted to talk about this week is Piatas which means square, but they are kinda like farmers markets and SO MUCH MORE!! They have them all over. Some are mostly clothes, others piatas are of food and some are a mixture. It's interesting to see them...you have farmers who come from outside the city and they bring all these great fresh fruits and veggies. Its like Veggie and Fruit haven. They also carry nuts, herbs, seasonings of all sorts and everything...really they have a ton. It's kinda like a HUGE community yard sale with food of course, but they also have little nick knack type things, bikes, clothes, furniture...tons of things. It's really cool. I'll have to take some pictures so you can get a better idea.
Also, we had a great week, Sora Puckett and I. We Met a new lady named Lucreta. She is in a wheel chair and is super depressed. She came to church yesterday, but left half way through sacrament meeting. She is not a religious type person, she said, but she insisted in coming to church and of course we said she was welcome and could come any time. Anyway, she just needs friends. She was in an accident about 10 years ago and that is what put her in a wheel chair. She said she would rather dies than live through life. I felt so bad for her...it's so hard because for us as missionaries, we come across these people who are in need, but I really have NO idea how and more than anything the resources to help them. We have the word of God and yes, I know that a Spiritual stability will help, but sometimes their physical needs, need to be met before the spiritual needs can be addressed.
Well, we went over yesterday afternoon to talk with her with a member Dona...who is a miracle story in her self! She helped so much, she really communicated with Lucreta. It was super awesome and we invited Lucreta to read and to pray...she said that she wouldn't...ha ha, but I have a feeling that she will. We are going back tomorrow, after English, to help her clean her house and help get her house into order. I hope that as we continue to work with her that she will see the light of Christ and feel that she has family here. She really does have people here who are willing to help her.
Well, I want you all to know how much I love you. I love hearing from all of you every week. It is so great to hear how the family is doing and how life is back in the USA!! ha ha I also want you to know that I know that our Savior lives, he loves us, he has felt and taken upon himself more pain, anguish, sorrow and heart aches than is imaginable. MORE than I can ever comprehend, but I know that he did it because he loves each and every one us! I love you, I thank you all for you support and for being so WONDERFUL!!
I can't wait to hear about how hunting goes...Everybody take picutures for me. I hope that Carson gets to go. Oh and p.s. if he does go, be nice to him!! ha ha That is directed to all my brothers. :)
Va iubesc,
Sora Hickman