Buna Famila Mea!!
Wow, well I have so much to say and not enough time to tell you everything. Sending pictures takes so much of my time.
So, here it goes, I am in Arad! LOVE it! It is smaller than Cluj but really nice. It's more west and there are even more people here who speak Hungarian than in Cluj. We have a small Branch here in Arad. I think there were about 20 people there Sunday. We have a lot of work to do and I am excited to be here.
Sora Puckett is great! She loves to work out, so we get up around 6 or so every morning and go for long runs. I LOVE IT. I don't always like getting up that early, but hey it's all worth it when I start running. She was in the Marines before she came on her mission. She is 24 and from Grand Junction, Colorado. She is great, very laid back, super funny, but quiet at the same time.
Okay, few adventures from the week...We went over to this ladies house, Maria, last night. She lives really close to our house. She had a boil on her leg that popped and now it is an open wound. I won't be able to explain how painful it looks. I was shocked and then I was so grateful for my health and the many blessings that I have. She doesn't have enough money to go to the doctor or to a good doctor in Cluj. I hope that she starts to feel better soon. We are going over tonight with the Elders and have them give her a blessing. She was a former investigator that we went to find. She is really nice and has studied a lot about religion. She told me that I dressed immodestly and that I shouldn't call myself a representative of Jesus Christ. Let's just say I was petty offended. I shed a few tears and we QUICKLY left her house. It was okay though because just a bit later we met a drunk. A very happy drunk to say the least. He told both Sora Puckett and I that we were very beautiful. Ha ha
We have a brand new senior couple from St. George, the McFaddens. They are serving here in Arad with us. They are super cute, super fun and really nice. I'm really excited to be serving with them and to learn and grow with them. They made us breakfast this morning as well.
Jenice thanks for sending pics!! I love seeing everyone having fun horse back riding in Kansas.
Overall, I'm doing well. I love being here and I am very excited to get to know more about this city, the branch and start to get to know the people.
Sorry, this is SO short, but I have run out of time. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon.
Love Sora Hickman