Monday, November 7, 2011

Natalee's Letter November 7, 3011

Just to start, So you all know there is 21 Days till my BDAY on the 29th of this month!

Hello family and friends!

Thank you all for the great emails I got this week! I want you all to know how much I love you and appreciate your love and support.

We had a great p-day today. We left early and took a train to Lipova. Which is a small town about an hour outside of Arad. There is a really old Castle out there. So, we went to see the ruins and meet together as a whole Zone. It was super fun. The McFadden's even came.

Mom, I am SUPER excited to get my packages...hopefully I'll get one of them by the end of transfers, which is the 23rd of this month, right before Thanksgiving. Thanks for taking care of me! Also, Mom I wanted to ask you if have received an email with pictures from Sora Mcfadden.

Well, yesterday we had a wonderful sacrament meeting, with about 47 people there!!!! SUPER awesome, we had to put in extra chairs. We had 4 to 5 investigators at church. We had Maria who I am in LOVE with. She has a very similar face to Aunt Georgia. I think it mostly is her smile...but I LOVE it, because she reminds me so much of Aunt Georgia every time I see her. She is 63. We also had Daniela who we met last week out side of a grave...she is SUPER funny and talks a million miles an hour. I really have a hard time getting a couple words in. I put 4 to 5 because Daniela came late...but we were just excited she came. Then we had Melinda (Meli), Angi, and Petre at church. SO, we have a baptismal date for...them set for next Saturday, but Petre just got back from Italy. We want them all to get baptized at the same time. The only thing is we have to get Peter and Angi married first. So once that is done, we can have the 3 of them BAPTIZED!!!!

We had a special fast this last week as a district. We really want to stretch ourselves as missionaries and sacrifice more so that we can receive more blessings. We are already seeing miracles. We have met and contacted a lot of new people this last week, which was fabulous. My week went a lot better. I wasn't as stressed. I have so much to learn and I think that is something that is hard for me because I am realizing how much I have to work on. Our President shared a great scripture last week from Ether 12:24-27 saying how we can make weak things become strong. It is not easy, it takes a lot of work, but it can be done. I only hope that I can do more to be a better servant of the Lord. I know that I can if I want to. I just have to have the desire.

I have been studying in Alma. I'm taking it real slow so that I can really understand and get the whole picture. I love it and I love the teaching of Alma and Amulek. I hope that I can be a strong powerful teacher like them someday. I have really grown to love the scriptures, more than anything the Book of Mormon. I had an interesting experience yesterday. We were waiting outside Maria's apartment and this man who was working outside asked if we were "Mormon" we responded "Da!" Then he went on and ON and ON about how the Book of Mormon was not true. He had received it many years ago. He read it, he studies about it, he did research about it and the history of that area of the world. I understood most of it, but you could tell that he was a very smart man using large words and talking very fast. I started to panic a little. He talked more about the History and saying if it was placed in the Hill Cumorah why is there no ruins from the Lamanites and the Nephites in those areas and went on and on. I had the best feeling come over me. This voice said to me "Sora Hickman...you don't have to prove him wrong because you know what is right, JUST bare your testimony." I did just that. He may not agree and I may not EVER see that man again, (I hope I do) but the fact is I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God and that I am called of God to administer to the people here in Romania! Also, I would encourage you to look up: "A Book Of Mormon Story" it is a new Mormon Message...its fantastic!

I love you all. I love you all SO much. I heard from Emily Fajardo (I worked with her at the spa in Springville) this week. She told me at my farewell in Utah that she was pregnant and she has since had the baby girl. Congrats Em I am Super happy for you! Again thank you all for your love and support.


Va iubesc,
Sora Hickman

My Birthday is in 21 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!