Monday, November 14, 2011

Dear Family and Friends!
Wow what a week! I feel like I always say that but really I feel like the weeks just fly by and that I was just here in our little internet place yesterday writing you all!
Well, We didn't have a baptism on Saturday but that's okay because Angi and Petre need to get married first and then we will have the baptism. SO, we are now planning on the 26th for their baptism. Angi, their daughter will also be baptized, keep them in your prayers. We met a few new people this last week that we are excited to keep working with. One in particular, her name is Carmen. Sora Puckett and I met her on the street one day. She saw that we had a Book of Mormon and asked about it. We gave her the book and she started to read. She is very Baptist, but I can see that she feels something. She has lots of questions, we will be meeting with her again Wednesday. Lucretia, we saw last Sunday, she is doing okay. She was happy to see us. She is still so sweet but not really interested in the gospel.

Sora and I have been trying to focus on working better with the branch and finding new people to teach. The new changes in the branch are great. We have seen some great miracles. Yesterday Sora Mogos's husband came to church. He hasn't been to church in years. She is an absolutely fabulous member. She is so strong, she has such a great attitude; her whole family was baptized about 11 years ago, but now she is the only one that comes. She also has 3 daughters. It was such a miracle to see him again, we hope that this is a time that we can get him back. Dona, one of the recent converts husband will be getting baptized on the 26th as well! He just had to get over smoking first. The elders are working with him and he seemed to be doing really well. They moved this last week into a very nice place. Their last home was a smaller room than our living room. They had no bathroom, no light, no electricity! It was so sad when we would go over at night. We would have our lessons in candle light...sounds romantic right....wrong! So we are super excited that they found a new place to live. They have a cute son named Kristi he is about to turn 7. He reminds me a lot of Taylor when she was younger; how excited she would get when Uncle Dan would play with her.

I tell you what, when I am at lessons with younger kids all I want to do is play with them. I miss all the nieces and nephews. They will all be so big and grown...and who knows we might have a couple more!!! That reminds me is anyone PREGNANT!?? I haven't asked in a while being that most of you actually all of you had babies in 2010. I will be excited to see all of them too. I can honestly tell you that my mission has really made me excited to be a mom! Seeing the members and investigators with their young kids teaching them to follow the notes in sacrament makes me excited to teach my kids. I remember when mom would point to the words in the hymn book for me when I was young.

The weather here has just gotten really cold. We had a few days of it being really cold in October but then for about 2 weeks it really warmed up. Then this last Tuesday it took a turn to the cold side. So today I need to find some warm nylons and get some earmuffs or something.

I have been reading in Alma a lot lately... taking it slow and really studying it out. I have learned so much from their examples and I just have to say that I love being a missionary. It is hard and it is stressful that's for sure, but I know that I have an opportunity and a great calling to share with the people here in Romania; the great message that His church has been restored.

I want to thank those who wrote me this last week. I love hearing from each of you!!!! Kate wrote me this week and so did Brina and of course Carson! I love each of you!!

Oh, something SUPER cool that I found out, a member, his name is Weber Bela and he is from Oradea, Romania which is in our district. He trained Ben Nealy on his mission!!! Brother Weber was just called into out District Presidency a month ago. He served his mission in Hungary and I asked him about Ben. So, if you talk to the Nealy's you will have to tell them that I met Ben's trainer.

Love you all,
Sora Hickman