Monday, November 28, 2011

Man WHAT a week! I have so much to tell, so let get started!!

First TRANSFERS! So great, kinda crazy, but so wonderful. We got Soa Multon packed and ready to go ( Sora Moulton I miss you!!). We had a busy day on Tuesday, trying to get in some last day appointments before leaving for Buc. We got home about 6:20 PM and we had to get on the train and 6:45 PM. I thought we would be okay, but we called a taxi and he didn't come! So then we had to RUN up and around to get to the taxi station that is right across the street. We got in the Taxi at 6:37 PM...The Zone leaders kept calling us saying where the HECK are you...I would respond, "I think we are close," or "we are some where"...Not really something to joke about, but I had faith that we would make it. Really I was PRAYING my little heart out. We jumped out of the Taxi grabbed all of her luggage threw some cash at the driver and said, "La revedere" (goodbye!) Not even kidding I stepped onto the train; Sora Moulton had to jump on and the train took off...wow, that was a close one. We had some close ones either getting off or getting on the train this past transfer. ha ha (SORTA SIS) Well, we made it to Buc early about 5:30 AM.

Then we had some time till I had to be at the President's house to pick up my new missionary, so we went and cleaned up at the sisters apartment. Then we headed off to the mission home, after a nice morning of being with all the wonderful sisters. Well is a GIRL!! Name: SORA COTTAM weighs about 110 height: 5' 6'' from Wales, Utah (close to Manti) Super cute, super sweet and SO FUN!!! Oh, and even better she was in Michael Perucca's ward! So, we already have common friends. She also knew Fratele Middleton and Fatele Jeppeson from the MTC. They were also my teachers at the MTC and they were all in the same ward.

Well, unfortunately the sisters coming in had some problems with their Visas and Health exams. So, we had to stay an extra night in Buc. It actually was SUPER fun. We had a huge Sisters Conference. SO, all the sisters came over and we got to share advice and hear from all of them. We have 4 that will be going home in about 2 weeks (Sora Mullen I'm going to miss you!!!!!) So, it was great to say goodbye to them. Sora Hill also gave us some great advice on protecting ourselves and making sure that we are being safe as Beautiful Daughters of God! Since we are so beautiful plus most of us are Americans, sometimes the guys try to sweet talk us and act real sneaky with us, so we were just given some advise to help with that. :) Wednesday night we stayed at the Hill's home. We ate Pizza, sang Christmas hymns, and just spent time together. I was actually thinking about the family and about you all gathering for Thanksgiving. I hope it all went well. I hope to hear more and more from you and all about it. Last year, I remember when Tiffany and I had a crazy trip home with the weather. (LOVE YOU TIFF!!) Then I took my endowments out. I can't believe Christmas is around the corner!
Then, Thursday we left the Gara (train Station) at about 1:30 PM and got into Arad about 1:30 AM in the morning! Long trip, but so great. I love getting together and seeing all the missionaries. Sora Cottam and I have had a rough couple days. The fact that we are so DEAD tired by the end of the day, I think it is more that we are trying to make up time. ha ha

We also had a baptism on Saturday. Ghita who is Dona's husband. Dona was baptised in May. I am SO happy for them. They both have made the choice to be together and to raise their son Kristi in the gospel. We will be going tonight to have FHE with them.

We also got a new elder...Elder Olsen. He served in the MTC with my trainer Sora Humphries. I am excited to have another transfer. I can't believe that after this transfer I will be half way done with the mission...WIERD!!

Also, I want to thank all of you that emailed me for my Birthday. We celebrated a bit this morning with cake that the McFaddens made for us. We'll do something fun tomorrow I think. I LOVE MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! Also, I want to say thank you all for your love and support.
Okay, I love you all!
Va Iubiesc Sora Hickman