Buna Family and friends,
Couple items of business. Mom, I got your other package and I also got my Christmas package form Preston and Shanda. Thank you all so much. Mom your birthday package was great. Perfect timing too, my eye drops had just ran out that morning. Kari, I loved the cereal you sent me. I ate it in just a couple of days. I am very excited to start on my 12 days of Christmas from Preston and Shanda. You all are wonderful and I am so grateful to have such a great family.
Well, what a week! Angi and Meli are really moving along, but Petre has decided as of right now he does not want anything to do with the church. SO, we now just have to get him married to Angi because she can't get baptised if she is not married. Also, Adam and his wife are doing well. Adam came to church yesterday. (Sora Moulton he LOVED it) As I said he LOVED it. He liked the order of things. It was a great fast and testimony Sunday. We also gave him a baptismal date for the 17th of December...he has to stop smoking and it has been really really hard for him to stop. He is starting to notice more and more the importance of baptism in him life. We will meet with him and his wife tomorrow.
We also, met with this young man named Daniel and his wife Amelia this last week. Sora Moulton and I had met him on the tramvai and he said he wanted to come to church and he came. Then we finally got to meet with him, but he didn't tell us that he was leaving for work so we started the lesson and minutes into it he left, so we taught Amelia. It was a great lesson and she had great thoughts and comments and Sora Cottam and I felt like it all went really well. Daniel said that he would come to church, but yesterday he didn't. So, I called him and he said that he was mad at me!!!!!!!! I was so confused. I thought he was joking...but then he asked why did you have my wife pray to Joseph Smith? I was so confused. I said we didn't, we had her pray about Joseph Smith. He was SUPER frustrated with me and I listened and tried bear my testimony. I felt really bad. I didn't know if it was the language barrier or what. What I do know is she told us as we were
talking, that she could feel a difference as she read in the Book of Mormon. That it really made sense to her and that it made sense that Joseph Smith was called as a prophet. It will work out great, I know that it will all work out the way God wants it too.
At the beginning of this week Sora Cottam and I were struggling, feeling like we are not doing our best and that we are not giving our all to the Lord. So, we made a December sacrifice's list of certain things that we want to do on a daily and weekly basis to show the Lord that we want to give this work our all. Such things as fasting together every week. Fasting with an investigator about baptism. Praying for all of the missionaries in our Zone. Also, we are planning 12 days of Christmas for someone. Studying about the Atonement every day. Things like that, that will help us to make a small sacrifice and to be able to grow in the process. Something we are WAY excited about is our clementine give away. We plan on buying a huge amount of clementine's every week and giving them out to random people. Like homeless people or taxi drivers or whenever we contact someone on the street or go block knocking. We want to write www.moroni.org on all of them and add some information about our church. It should be fun, I'll let you know how it is going more next week.
I loved the Hunting pictures that I got in my package. It was so cool to see Cars with all the family! He fits in real well doesn't he? He is a lot taller that everyone else ha ha, but it was great to see all the Bros and Bro in law there. I love getting pictures! Again thanks for the packages, love and support. I also got many emails from a lot of good friends and from some members of the ward so that was really sweet too!
I'm loving it here. The weather is getting colder, but it was also a bit nicer this weekend. I love this time of year. We get to remember the birth of our Savior and Redeemer. I hope that we can all take a bit more time to study about His life. I want all of you to know that I love you. I really am so blessed to have such supportive family and friends. You all are wonderful!
va iubim,
Sora Hickman