Monday, November 21, 2011

Natalee's Letter November 21, 2011Hello family and friends! Well transfers are her again! So I found out I will training again! Sora Moulton will be

Hello family and friends!
Well, transfers are here again! So, I found out I will training again! Sora Moulton will be going to Ploiesti. So we leave for Buc tomorrow night and get in at about 5:30 in the morning. Nothing like another long train ride! I love them. It will be interesting with the change up and the new Sora. I'm excited...nervous, of course, but excited. I learned a lot from Sora Moulton and I am excited to learn more from my new trainee.
Okay, so what a week. SO to start, we are still working on Peter, Angi and Melinda. We went over to see them last night. Peter left for Germany for a day...super random, but he is back tonight. We had their baptism planned for this Saturday, but they will not be ready. I really want to make sure they know what they are doing and that they are prepared. Also, we had a great turn out for church yesterday. I think there was about 40 who came. We had a few investigators and Lucretia showed up out of the blue. I looked out the window and there she was. It was kind of crazy because I had to give a talk and so I knew it was just seconds before I would have to go up...then all of a sudden I see Lucretia out the window. I was thinking what to do...so finally I grabbed Sora Moulton we ran out and let her in, well we had to lift her up the stairs. Then by the time that we got back in my turn had already passed...SO thank goodness Elder Schroedter was ready to give his talk. He jumped up and gave his, then I went after him. We also had met this young guy named Daniel on the tramvi on Saturday night. We invited him to come to church and he said, "okay I'll be there!" (in Romanian of course) and HE CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is really searching...so I am excited to meet with him this next week to see how everything is going.
I'm so grateful for all the great investigators we have. We are also working with a man named Adam and his wife Marioara. We are trying to get him to church and to quite smoking. He got sick the past two weekends and has not been able to come to church. Something interesting is...they are gypsy. Camille, I can see you getting excited about this part. They, meaning the Gypsy's, are a very interesting culture. They do have their own language. I've had their son teach me a few words. It is hard I'm definitely NOT pro yet...but just think I will come home knowing Romanian, a little Hungarian, Tigan (Spelling) (gypsy language) and now I just need to go to Chisinau and I can learn Russian. Anyway there are different types of Gypsies. There are ones that dress in a costume...meaning they have these large skirts ( I think I sent some pictures home of Sora Harward and I dressed up in skirts) and big blouses and the others are just like normal people. You can usually tell the difference between them and Romanians by their skin color, they are darker.
I am excited to hear about how Thanksgiving went...please send me pictures. I asked for pictures from the Hunting trip and I got NOTHING. :) Pretty please send me some good pics. Do you put up the pictures on my blog meaning the ones that I send home? I sure hope so because I don't just send them home for the fun of it. haha. We are celebrating Thanksgiving today with the McFadden's and the elders. They are making a huge meal and we are bringing some of the side dishes. I'll have pictures for you next week. Elders Schank will be finishing his mission in 3 weeks so he will be leaving Arad and Elder Olsen will be our new zone leader. He served in the MTC with Sora Humphries and Sora Harward ( LOVE YOU GILLIES)!!
I'm excited for another transfer #6. I feel like it was just last week that I was arriving in Buc and heading to Cluj! Crazy how time flies. Well, I love you all!! Also, a few of you have asked when I come home. My release date is September 12th, I believe. I also found out that some more people are getting engaged and married CONGRATS. I won't name names because she told me to keep it a secret, but I'm very happy for you.
Also, before I go I want to tell you all how GRATEFUL I am for you all. I am especially grateful for faithful and loving parents who taught me the gospel and who are magnificent examples for me. Also, I'm thankful for the Book of Mormon, scriptures in general, that we have a living prophet today Thomas S Monson. I'm grateful for a wonderful free country (God bless America) It is interesting the things that I took for granted and that I am more grateful for now. I am very grateful for my knowledge of the gospel. I am grateful for my wonderful friends. I'm grateful I can read. I'm grateful that I have 15 nieces and nephews and one on the way. (CONGRATS Camille and Andrew!!!) I am grateful that I have food to eat, clothes warm clothes in fact to wear and that I am healthy! I'm also very very grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for His sacrifice for me. I love you all.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
LOVE you or Va iubesc,
Sora Hickman!