Monday, May 28, 2012

Natalee Letter May 28, 2012


HELLO Family and Friends,

Okay, well I will have to make this letter a little shorter or write a lot faster this week because I have already written mom and dad a long email about our travel plans and question with all that.  So I apologize ahead of time for it being shorter.

Well, what a week!  We started English and were hoping for about 20 students at the least.  Oh, don't worry we had a total of 5!  So that was a little sad but it really is because of the RAIN!  It has been so rainy these last 2 weeks and I am ready for SUNSHINE!!!!   Instead of coming home all sweaty and hot we come home wet and cold...I am not sure which one I like better.  ha ha

We did see a lot of miracles this last week.  We were leaving the church after our young single adult activity on Wednesday and we hadn't been able to have any lessons that day! :(   As we were walking down the street we stopped a lady and talked to her.  She recognized us right away and she said "I know who you are".  She continued, "when I was younger I went the the theater here in town and there was a family of missionaries just like you from America. I will never forget them".  We then asked her what she thought the purpose of life was.  She said come with me and I will show you my purpose... I was thinking that was an unusual response.  Well, she lived just around the corner and she took us to her back yard and there is the big handmade wooded caged were over 40 cats!  Talk about a cat lady, I have never seen anything like that in my whole life.  Her name is Andrea and what she does is she takes a few of the stray cats that are sick and have physical disabilities and nurtures them back to health!  Amazing right?  We didn't have much time because it was late, but we asked if we could come back on Saturday.  When we went back she said that she had read a lot of information about us on the internet.  My initial reaction was, "oh great, what crap did she find on the internet about us MORMONS?"  Actually she used lds.org and found a lot of information and she said she was very impressed with the type of people we are.  She read about Joseph Smith, the word of wisdom and how we try to live what we preach in our day to day lives.  She asked us if she could come to church!  Now that does not happen very often and of course we invited her and she seemed very happy and excited to come.  She didn't show up, but you know that's okay.  I know that we will continue to teach her and that Heavenly Father will provide a way for her. 

 Overall, it was just amazing because Heavenly Father really does guide each of our steps.  We hadn't planned on going down that street at all!  God really does have his hand in the work.  As Sora Atkins and I continue to pray often and fast weekly, we are seeing the results from our sacrifices.  We are doing our best to call down the powers from heaven so we can find those who are ready.

I just want to give a shout out to Nic thanks for the update girl!  I really hope you can find a job soon. Cars congrats on your new calling and position at work.  I am sure it will be a lot of work but you are amazing so you can do it!  Also, Aunt Georgia wrote me this last week as always.  You are so busy but I love that you took some time to write me.  I am so grateful for all of you really EVERY SINGLE one of you!  For all your support prayers, thoughts, packages, and emails/letters!  THANKS!

Love Sora Hickman