Holy cow, we have had an AMAZING WEEK!!! I have so much to tell you, so I will have to write really fast, so I can get it all in, that I need to tell you! The baby blessing sounds like it all went well. Mom you look so beautiful in what you were wearing on Sunday! Thanks for the pictures Dad.
Okay, well we just got back from Busten. It is a small town about an hour from Ploiesti. It has a few tourist attraction. We had a huge hike down the mountain. We took this machine type thing (it's like what is at the Royal Gorge bridge in Colorado or something like that) up the mountain and then hiked to a HUGE cross at the peak of the mountain and then walked down the mountain. We were told the hike down the mountain would be about an hour and a half...WRONG, it was about 2 and a half hours. haha My legs are going to be sore tomorrow. I LOVED it though. The mountains were breath taking. I loved seeing all the beautiful creations and I got a little sun. I will send you pictures. It reminded me a lot of the mountain in Colorado. Obviously, not at big at Pikes Peak, but very beautiful! Can we do a camping trip when I get home? Man I miss the mountains so much. We do make s'mores on a weekly basis, so I am able to have those. :)
We had an awesome week, like I said earlier. Actually we just have seen so many miracles this last week I can't explain how amazing it was. Okay, so I mentioned last week about Andrea with all the cats and her boyfriend Marius. We could not get a hold of them this last weekend...sad, but we will try again this week because they really were so wonderful. We have this other wonderfully adorable investigator her name is Cristina. She is 17 and we have been teaching her for about 1 month now. Sora Atkins and I contacted her and her brother on the street at the beginning of May. She really is such a miracle story! Ok, so from the first time that she came to church she has loved it, she loves meeting with us and she loves the young people in the branch.
So, funny story about Cristina...last Friday the Zone leaders called us and said they needed our help to prepare for our Zone Conference, that was coming up on Wednesday and Thursday of the next week. Of course, we said that we would...answering before we even knew what we were getting into. They had this great idea of creating a District 3...you probably don't know what that is. We have training videos we use as missionaries and it is recordings by missionaries from California with just them in their lessons doing all types of missionary work and they are call District 1 and 2. So, we wanted to do one Romanian style, thus District 3. Anyway, the Zone Leaders wanted to record our lessons over the weekend, like record them on a camera so that we can use them for training at Zone Conference!!!!!! Well, we thought who could we set up for this...then we thought Cristina would be great. We didn't actually tell her what we were going to do until she showed up for the lesson on Saturday. She was so stressed...she was like, "I can't believe you didn't tell me!" "I didn't put makeup on, I didn't do my hair"... haha Super cute and a typical 17 year old. She spent 10 minutes in the bathroom trying to do something with her hair. Anyway, it was an amazing lesson; really the spirit was so strong and we invited her to be baptized on JULY 7th 2012. This is her baptizmal date. It was so awesome. Then after we were done she was like, "can I do another one tomorrow please"! She said, "please erase that one, I don't like it." We did agree that we could have another lesson with her on Sunday...Sunday morning she came walking into the church looking like a BABE! haha We did have another lesson to check up on her Book of Mormon reading. She is doing awesome. She reads on a consistent basis. I love her and I am very excited for her to be baptized on July 7th!!
This week like I said we will have Zone Conference in Bucharest on Wednesday and Thursday. Then I have a sister exchange with Sora Henrie...yep Sora Henrie from the MTC on Friday and part of Saturday! So excited.
I'd like to give a couple shout outs because I heard from a lot of people this week! Thank you all who wrote me and I hope you know that I love you and I miss you SO SO much. I've missed weddings, engagements, births and I'm just gratiful that you are all keeping me up on the news.
Sora Mullen! I love you! I miss you and hopefully I will be home for your wedding. I am so sad I missed Sora Harwards because, Stella you looked so happy and beautiful. CONGRATS! Please send me more pictures. I would love to see more. Tiff I wish I could be there to help you with all you wedding plans. I can't believe that you are getting married in Ohio. I hope that all goes well with your family. Thanks again for all of you who have send me letters and emails! I LOVE YOU!
Also, Brad happy birthday! I thought I would be better at keeping up on all the siblings and grandkids birthdays while being out here, but I have done horrible. I just hope you all know that I love you!
Well, I hope you have a great week. I also got my travel plans for when we go home. I found out today that the temple trip to the Germany temple is actually in October, but I was thinking maybe the best thing that we can do is help Tibi with money to get to the temple in October with the branch in Cluj. What do you think about that?
Again I love you!
Sora Hickman