Monday, May 21, 2012

Well Hello again!

I feel like sometimes I was just here writing you all yesterday.  The time goes by so fast.

This week Sora Atkins and I focused a lot on English contacting.  Trying to talk to as many English students as possible, so that we can have a large English classes this transfer.  The larger the classes the better odds we have of finding more people to teach the gospel too.

Well, I found out on Saturday that the country of Romania is going to the temple in Germany on September 2nd to the 9th.  Three DAYS!!!!!!!!! Before I am released!  When the members from Romania go they stay for a whole week!  They do temple work for hours every day!  I would love for Tibi to have this opportunity instead of just a day or two with us, ya know?  Of course, I want to be there for his first time!  I need to talk to him more.  I thought one thing we might do is to go to the temple when you first get here in Romania.  Meaning you get in Monday and then Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning we fly to Germany and meet him in Germany.  Then we could drive back to Romania  and travel around that way, but in my head I am not sure if that makes much sense.  I won't be there for HIS endowment like I wanted to, but I am not too sure what to do now.  I also don't know how long he can take time off from work.  I am not sure  what our schedule is either or where we want to go, how long we are staying, and all the detail like that.  I know you bought your tickets to Bucharest! YAY!!!!  You are coming in on the 10th right?  Then when are we flying out?  How long are we planning on staying?

Also, what happened with Lhanis Birliba?   Mom were you able to make contact with him and find him a place to stay in Salt Lake?

Okay, sorry to bore everyone else with all that business.  Sora Atkins and I did had a good week.  Like I said we did a lot of English contacting, which consists of us walking every where and talking to as many people as possible.  We have little flyer's that we pass out.  We gave out about  500 flyer's.  We met some really wonderful people and we hope that a lot of people will come!! 

It has been super rainy this last week and when it is bad weather it is hard to get many people out of their houses.  Sora and I got caught out in the rain twice, once on Tuesday and on Thursday.  We came home SOAKED!!!!!  I forgot my umbrella, which I know is my mistake, but when I leave in the morning and it is pretty nice outside, then we don't usually come home through out the day;  then when it is late afternoon and the rain comes, I am out of luck.  It was fun, but cold at the same time.

We also had another baptism this week, her name is Violeta Opera.  She will be another great addition to this branch.

Sora and I have been fasting every week with  the purpose of finding more investigators. Yesterday when we ended our fast it had been raining all afternoon, but the sun finally came out for just a bit and we thought "Lets go talk to people!"  We were only out for a short while and we met this super sweet lady, Elena, she has seen the boy missionaries (Elders) around all over town, then she saw us girls (sister missionaries) this time and she thought, Oh, I can talk to them.  She speaks English pretty well and went to Chicago for a trip last summer and LOVED it.  She was really interested in our English classes.  She had so many wonderful question for us.  I know our Savior is aware of us and wants to bless us.  We just have to be patient, diligent, faithful and he will bless us!

Mom and Dad I love you both SO much.  I get more excited every day thinking about you coming!  Thanks for the pictures of China's graduation.

Attached are a few pictures from this past week.  We bought a broom off of a gypsy on the street  Monday for Zone Conference because it was Harry Potter oriented, so we wanted a broom to paint silver and green for the Slytherin Team.  Also, some random pictures of Sora Atkins and I and a portion of our district.


I love you all! 
Sora Hickman