Monday, May 7, 2012


Hello Family and friends!!
 Can you believe that another transfer is over and that another week is down!  I can't, it feels like the less amount of time that I have here in Romania it is like the time goes by faster and faster.  Well, since Sora Atkins and have only been together a couple of weeks.  We will be staying together for another transfer!!!!!!!  I am very excited about this as I'm sure you can tell by the mass amounts or exclamation marks I've used!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It does mean though that we will not be going to Buc for transfers which is a bummer because I love it when I get to see all the missionaries, but it will be great to have the day to work hard here in Ploiesti.
Well, Sora Atkins and I are trying hard to find new investigators.  We have been talking to more and more people on the street and trying to find those that are prepared.  As of right now we have not seen a huge change, but I know that as we try to hold fast to the mission rules and as we work harder and more diligent in other words put our trust in our Heavenly Father and the Savior, that we can see miracles here in Ploiesti.  I really want to see a change here.  We have a lot of work ahead of ourselves, but we are going to try to fast more together.  We are trying a "language fast" meaning, we only speak Romanian all day outside and inside.  I hope that through our effort we can see some changes in our success and we can bring more people unto Christ.
We had another baptism on Friday for a sweet girl named Angela.  Elder Friel and Elder Cross have been working with her.  She is wonderful, so humble, so prepared and absolutely awesome!  I am so excited for her.  Her confirmation was yesterday and I was so touched by the spirit.  I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, for a NOT so fun and spiritual day...THURSDAY!  We had District a meeting at 10.  We left the house and were just going to grab the bus, so we could get to the church early.  We got on and they controlled us!  I thought, NO worries, we have our abonaments; the guy looked at them and then asked us to get off the bus.  Sora and I were so confused that our abonaments had expired the day before, so you know what that meant, yep we had to pay a fine of 60 LEI!!!! (lei is the currency here in Romania) So, we were ticked (well kinda... we walked off laughing) We were now LATE for district meeting, but they did give us a little ticket that we could use for the whole day.  That was the most expensive ticket I have ever paid for here in Romania.  HA HA.  Well, we went to the district meeting, which was great!  Later that day we had a lesson with a less active member who complained to us that the church use to be so much better when she was active and that things are not the same any more.  Oh, we did take the bus to her house because she lives way down South, but Sora Atkins had forgotten her ticket at the church after district meeting, so she had to buy another ticket!  Then on the way back Sora forgot to buy a ticket by accident and we were going to jump off the next stop and buy a ticket and we got CONTROLLED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I could not find my ticket!  Ugh, it was so frustrating so we had to pay 30 lei again!  Then later that day I got pooped on by a bird!  I love being a sister missionary!  Our lives are so interesting at times.  It just reminds me of what Sora Cottam wrote in her letter last week about Elder Wirthlins talk "Come what may and LOVE it!"  I do love it here!  I love being a sister missionary.
Mom, I will talk to Tibi this week and make sure he knows all he needs to do. I'm sure he does because I talked with the missionaries in Cluj and they have already talked with him.  For a package I would have to say Peanut Butter and cereal.  I will think of more things and tell you on SUNDAY because I get to talk to you!  I can't wait.  Expect to get an email from me later this week and we will set up a time to talk.  I'm thinking in the morming before you go to church.  I will let you know.  
Well I love you all.