Well hello to my family and friends!
A few things before I get started on my week. I think to get to Germany it is about a 17 hour bus ride, but if we drive or take a train its not as long. I will have to check into that. Also, the best airport in Bucharest or the Biggest one is Henri Coanda.
We had such an eventful and lovely week! Yesterday we had a great District Conference in Bucharest. Elder Kerr from Scotland came to be with us, he was fabulous! He was truly inspired to share with the us thoughts and impressions he had. He challenged us to invite more people to hear the gospel. He told us as missionaries, to work hard on the language and to love the people. They discussed a lot about how we can be worthy to go to the temple and being prepared to go and how we need to go often. I CAN'T wait to go to the temple!
Sora Atkins and I have spent a lot of time in Bucharest this last week. More than we wanted, I think. We came back last Sunday night together after the emergency transfer, then Tuesday morning we left for an exchange, then I went back Wednesday night to pick her up. We had the Thursday morning in Bucharest. Came back to Ploiesti, but then Saturday afternoon we went back for the District Conference and got back last night at about 7pm or so. So, we had a busy day with TOO much time on the train. Nonetheless we are excited to be back in Ploiesti working hard. We hope to have a FULL week together here in Ploiesti! I had an exchange here in Ploiesti with cute Sora Sam, she is in her 3rd transfer.
We are working hard at trying to find people. We are contacting as much as we can in order to find those people who are prepared. Mariana is doing so well, she reads and reads from the Book of Mormon. We did not meet with her this last week because she has been really busy taking care of some business for her family, but we will be meeting with her tonight. I love teaching so much and I am so excited to find more people to teach.
So, two weeks ago I decided, since the weather is getting warmer, that we should be playing more SPORTS! So, I brought up the idea to invite all of our investigators, English students and members to a SPORTS NIGHT! We play soccer of course (or football if you are the Howells family) they always made fun of us Americans when we would say Soccer...and in all reality they are right. Soccer really does not make sense, but it is not like we can have two sports in America called football. Anyway, I had to give a shout out to the Howells because at this very moment as I am writing you they are getting on a plane to go back home! They are from England, but are moving to Scotland. LoVE YoU BoTH!!!!
Sora and I have a TON of fun together. She is so dang funny and I just LOVE her. I really am so excited to be with her. We are going to work really hard together. We both have an advantage because as sisters we are the older sisters. There are about twenty sisters in the mission and 70 elders with 8 senior couples, I believe. I haven't count, but that is my guess.
Well, I hope you all know I love you! Have a wonderful week.
Sora Hickman