Monday, April 23, 2012

Natalee's Letter April 23, 2012


FAM BAM AND FRIENDS!!!
Well, as always it has been an interesting week in the life of  SORA Hickman.  So lets get started!
First, I want to start by telling my sister Camille and bro-in-law Andrew congrats on your new baby girl Raelyn!  I love the name and I am very excited to get home and meet her.  Mom sent me pictures...Dwyn is so big.  I can't believe it!  Wow they grow up fast.  Also, I am now in the Book of Ether in the Book of Mormon, so I am almost done.  Actually I bet I will be done this week.  Mom, I did get my "choose the right" (CTR or ACD in Romanian) ring.  THANK YOU!!  I didn't find it till about 2 weeks later.  I was looking at the box and wondering why there were cereal crumbs every where!  I had ripped off what I thought was a random piece or tape when I first got the package, thinking that it was there to take care of an unpatched hole.  Then when I went to go eat the cereal I was so surprised!!  It was the BEST cereal surprise I had EVER got! THANKS!
I will start with the biggest news.  I have a new companion Sora Atkins.  We, meaning Sora Stark and I and 2 other companion ships, had an emergency transfer yesterday.  We found out late Friday night and we left right after church yesterday.  Sora Stark is now in Galati with Sora Savage, I got Sora Atkins, then the Bucharest sisters in Panduri are now Sora Watt and Sora Henrickson.  It was quite the surprise, but I know that things will work out how they need to.
I am very excited to work with Sora Atkins.  She was studying at BYU before she came out.  She is from Idaho.  She is just a few transfers behind me and we are STOCKED to work together.  We have had about a total of 12 hours together.  I have not yet had adequate time to get to know her.
I have thought a lot about missionary work this week.  As a Zone we studied about BAPTISM this week.  I came to appreciate how wonderful it is that when we are baptised we literally become sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father.  I am so grateful for a Savior who came here to Earth and set the perfect example for me.
Well, mom you had a question about the type of missionary work that we are doing.  Lately we have been working with a lot of less actives, but with English and our own contacting efforts we are hoping to get some new investigators.  We do have one really awesome investigator right now, Mariana, who is just a doll.  She can't hear hardly at all, but reads lips very well.  She loves meeting with us and feels such a difference in her life when she does.  We meet with her about twice a week at Camelia's house (recent convert).  She was a referral from one of the recent converts.  Her family is Orthodox, so we have challenged her to baptism, but she is not ready to set a date yet.
I apologize this weeks is a little shorter, but I love you all.  Cars, I am so glad that you got my package!  Really, I can't tell you how much I love each of you!  Have a great week!
The pictures are of me and the Howells family.  They are an AWESOME senior couple here from England and they are leaving to go back home next Monday.  So, we had a little party and a few pictures.  The elders are from the party and then the last one is Sora Atkins and I.
Sora Hickman