Hello hello hello!
Well, what a week. We celebrate Easter next week. I will send you all the information. Easter is HUGE here. Kids are out of school for 2 weeks. Everyone here are doing spring cleaning and are preparing themselves for a wonderful time to celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am very excited to be here for all the celebration.
Man, another week down! Can you believe it? We had a wonderful week. I got a WONDERFUL surprise yesterday. I walked into church, guess who was there? TIBI Yep that's right the convert baptism from Cluj. The new member we will be going too the temple with in September! He came to see me and Elder Speth and Sora Stark have all served in Cluj too so he came to see us all. I was Shocked to see him. I just wanted to run up and HUG him, but then I remembered, oh wait I CAN'T! It was really exciting to see him.
We did a lot of advertising for English this week. The English classes I don't think will be like they are in Chisinau, (HUGE) but I am really excited. I really have gained such a love for teaching English here in my mission.
We were suppose to have Elder Causse, a member of the Seventy, here in Bucharest next week, but then last week in General Conference he was called into the Presiding Bishopric, which is great for him but now he is NOT coming. Which means we get to have interviews again! Interviews are when the president and his wife come and interview all the missionaries in the areas. I LOVE it when we get to see them. I can't wait.
Sora Stark and I are doing fabulous. She is super funny, I enjoy being with her. We are constantly laughing and making jokes. Can you believe that I have almost been here in Romania for over a year? Few more weeks and I will hit my year mark in the country.
One of our Zone goal is to study each of the points of the Gospel of Jesus Christ every week. We started with Faith. I love learning more and more about the simple things of the gospel because I feel like it helps me grow, in simple but profound ways. I learned about how much Faith really is a word of ACTION. You have to do something; you can't just pray and pray and expect it to come, you need to act. Faith really is so essential. This next week is Repentance.
I want to give a big shout out to Sora Mullen, Harward, Puckett! I love you girls! Also, Nicole and Tiff wrote me this week. You both are the best! I have the best friends ever! Also, Carson, there is a person here in Romania named Grant. He is from America. ( he is doing some research here) He volunteered in the MTC when I was there. Well, he should be contacting you when he gets back. I said, I had something special that I need to get to you. It won't be for a few weeks and don't get too excited, it is NOTHING big.
Well, I gotta run! I love you all!
Sora Hickman