FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!
Well, I still can't believe that I just got to call you about 6 hours ago! I loved skyping you and seeing all of you and all my super cute nieces and nephews. I love you all so much. I really can't believe that I only have about 4 months left! CRAZY! I know it will fly by, but I also have LOTS AND LOTS of work to do here in Romania. So, I will stay busy to the day that I leave. I can't wait to come home and do member missionary work to keep this going.
Well, something I forgot to ask you mom and Dad is, I want to know your engagement story, well not just the engagement, but your whole dating story. I ask a lot of people out here because I feel like those are some of the happiest days of their lives. The other day Sora Atkins asked me and I really had no clue. I do know that you were both at Utah State, but that's about all I know. Also, I want you to tell me your "Conversion story." I know you were both born in the gospel, but when or how did you know that the church was true? If you could include that in next weeks email I would greatly appreciate it! Also, if any of the Siblings want to do it to I would love it!
Also, I finally heard from Katy Broughton...(9 months later) she wrote me when I was up in Cluj and that was forever ago!!! I just wanted to give her a shout out. Kates I love you! I miss you like crazy and when I get back if you need a TA I am all over it for you, plus we are going to be doing some trading for massages. You and my family will have to be my practice bodies, so I can get back into tip top massage therapist shape. Also, tell Melissa Humphries (my first companion/ trainer/ mama) I say hello or buna!
Okay, well a few fun things from this last week. Saturday here in Romania was a national cleaning day called "Let's Do It Romania." We went to a huge park and cleaned for a few hours. It mostly consisted of picking us trash especially a lot of cigarette butts. There were about 20 of us from the branch. It was fun and beautiful weather. We also, played soccer on Saturday night! I LOVE LOVE LOVE playing soccer and I love playing here because girls and soccer is NOT a thing you see here in Romania, so everyone thinks I'm really good, but in all honesty I'm not, I can just play....HA HA.
Thursday was an AMAZING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We made a goal of talking to 100 people on Thursday. We had other lessons planned, so we knew that every where we went we had to talk to every one we could. We started the day out good with an awesome district meeting...THANK you District leader Cross (He is our DL right now). We talked to many people as we were heading home for lunch. We left extra time in between lessons so we could talk to more people. We walked EVERY WHERE so we could talk to more people. After a few lessons it was about 6:30 pm and we were at about 40 people. We suddenly went into panic mode. We just got out of a lesson and had a bit more planned for the night so we just went nuts. EVERY person in our path, whether it was about the gospel or about our English classes. Some of the conversations were really short, just a few minutes, enough time to bear our testimonies and to give them a pass along pamphlet or card. Some others were really long and gave us time to explain more in depth about the Book of Mormon or about a gospel principle. Well 8 p.m. hits we were at about 70 people at this point We only had an hour left!!!!! When we FINALLY hit the 100th person, Sister Atkins and I looked at each other with smiles of victory and conquer!!!! WE DID IT! Did I mention it was exceptionally hot that day and we were fasting? This is why I love being a missionary! I love love love LOVE talking to people about this church, about our beliefs. Even when we get denied, it doesn't matter. The chosen and ready will be out in our path. We were exceptionally exhausted that night when we got home. I did sleep really well though.
Also, Sora Atkins and I only speak Romanian to each other, so this morning it was a nice relief to speak English to you all! I love you all, I miss you all like crazy, but it won't be too long and I will see you! Mom and Dad thank you for making sacrifices for me to be here. To all my baller siblings, thanks for being the great example and wonderful support to me that you are in every way. Again I love you!
I will keep in touch with Tibi and let you know more about what he says next week in our email.
Cu drag,
Sora Hickman