Monday, August 27, 2012

Natalee's Letter August 27, 2012

Dear Family and Friends!

Can you all believe that I only have about 2 weeks left?  Man I can't.  I feel like I still have so much to do, to learn and to accomplish here in Romania.  I guess that is why we have this life to learn and to grow.  Well how is everyone?  I am feeling a bit anxious.  I think it is really starting to hit me.  We had Zone Confernece this last week and everyone kept asking me... How are you feeling?  Can you believe that your going home?  What are you going to do when you get home?  All those types of questions and to be honest, I know I am going home, but I really don't feel like it has REALLY hit me.  Sora Jone who "killed"( missionary term we use when missionaries go home like I killed Sora Harward and Puckett because I was their last companion ) Sora Mullen and Sora Atkins who killed Sora Wilson both asked me this last week if I was emotional.  I'm not really at all...of course I am excited to see my family, but I don't think that I feel like it's real.  Which I am okay with.  I will let my mind think that this is just another transfer and that transfers are coming up in about 2 and half weeks...WEIRD!!! ha ha

As I said we had a zone conference this week and it was wonderful.  It was great to have that spiritual up lift and to get some more fire under my butt to keep me working.  I gave my "dying testimony" I bore my testimony for all the missionaries who were there.  We have a lot of missionaries that will be going home in the next 2 transfers...we had 11 individuals just in our Conference bare their testimonies!  I was the only sister.  It was so great to see so many of these awesome young men share how their missions had changed their life.  As I looked out over the crowed of elders I was so filled with a strong conviction about the power of the priesthood.  I want  to thank dad and all my brothers for their great example and for my wonderful friends who have always been a wonderful example to me.  Thank you!  I love you all. :)

Also, We had a great opportunity to go to Motivation Romania to help them with a B ball game for those in wheelchairs over at one of the parks here in Ploiesti.  It was so awesome! There were at least 4 TV stations that came and about 3-4 Reporters from News papers.  We didn't talk to the reporters, but they did mention the church and how the chairs were donated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and they also mentioned us as missionaries and how we came to help and to serve.  They were so good...we got to play for a bit with them and they whipped us!  Ha ha  We couldn't keep up with them.   It was great though.  I am grateful that we have had so much success with them.  A lot of this came from the big Open House that we had.  Our relationship with them has continued to grow. What a great blessing.

 I love you all.  I hope you all are well!  Have a wonderful week. Happy B day Foote...in a couple weeks.

Hope you enjoy the pics

Sora Hickman