Monday, August 20, 2012

Buna to all my friends and family!

Okay, well I don't have a lot of time today, so this will be a quick email.

Highlight from the week.  We are helping a company called Motivational Romania with a wheel chair tournament!   Motivational Romania is a partner to the church here.  They help us when we distribute out wheel chairs. They work a lot with our Humanitarian Missionaries. They are a company that helps people who are disabled.  They helped us at our open house and now we have had a few opportunities to do some good service work together.  We practiced basketball with them Friday and then this coming Friday we will have actual games with others who are also in wheel chairs.  It was so fun, one of the players came to church yesterday.  His name is Florin and he is great!  I attached pictures!

Also, today we had an awesome P-day.  That is why I don't have a lot of time to write.  We got back a bit late.  We went to Busteni again which is the BIG CROSS on the hill.  This time though we took a big jeep up, it was AWESOME!!  It was like off roading, I remembered how much I love off roading! ha ha.  We then got dropped off in Sainia, which is a small town not to far from Busteni and we had some time so we went to the Pelesi castle, which is beautiful. It was the castle of the first King of Romania!  It was way fun.

Update on our work.  It is going well.  Really cool story...we have a sister, Sister Georgeta. She was reactivated about 2 months ago.  She was actually placed on the list of deceased members and hadn't been to church for about 12 years! 12 YEARS!  She comes to church almost every week.  She also has baptized children and we are now working with her granddaughter Alexandra!  She is 12.  She loves coming to church with her grandma and wants to be baptize!  Sister Georgeta has 3 children that are baptized and we are hoping to work more and more with them.   Andrea and Marius...we still have not had any contact with them. SO SAD!!!  I don't know what else to do, we are going to try to go by their house more often this week. 

Also, do you all remember Cristina Paraschiv?  She was the young 17 year old who was so cute and Sora Atkins and I found her contacting on the street, and she had a baptismal date?  Well, she still doesn't agree with the Book of Mormon, but one of our other almost members Catalina, (does everything as a member just isn't baptized) has been helping her with math. So we have been having little lessons with her...and we fasted with her yesterday to help her not feel so confused.  I hope that she will start reading the Book of Mormon more. 

Well, I love you all!  Mom and Dad I can't believe 3 more weeks!!!!!  Then about 4 weeks and I will be home in America...WEIRD.  Don't worry, I am working hard.  Not getting truncky, just excited to see you.  Make sure to email the Bensfields.

I  LOVE you ALL!!!!

Va iubesc,
Sora Hickman