Holy Smokes, can you believe that this is my last transfer?!!!! Number 12 baby! I can't even believe it. Time really does fly, but when I think back on it, I really have been here in Romania for some time. I have done a lot and I still have a lot to do. I am very excited to work hard and to give it my all this last transfer.
Dad, to answer some of your questions this past week. It is actually a lot quieter, we had lessons and are working hard, but NOTHING like that week before the event. That was a CRAZY week. We are seeing good things come from the event. President Hill did have an interview with TV 2 in Bucharest this last Friday with President Doru (District President) and President Pasare. Which is awesome to get more and more publicity. I attached a link, I hope it works, I know it is in Romanian, but Sora Atkins and I were mentioned as being two full time missionaries as part of the interviews that took place. I am glad that we got some good feedback from it.
http://www.stiriprahova.ro/Articole/%E2%80%9EZiua%20usilor%20deschise%E2%80%9D%20la%20Biserica%20Mormona/13239.aspx
Well, transfers came and went. I am now with Sora Hall...again. We served together in Chisinau. We were very surprised to be serving together again, but I know it will be great. We have a lot of work to do this transfer. We are trying to get the young women organized here in the Ploiesti branch. They have a Young Women's program, but it just needs a few tune ups, so we are working with Sora Critchlow, (Amy Wilde's Sister in law) because she is the young women's district president. I am excited to have another project to accomplish here.
Okay, so MIRACLE story. Do you all remember Adrea and Marius back when Sora Atkins and I were first together? Like back at the beginning of May? She was the one with all the cats and we street contacted her, then she showed us all her cats. We had an amazing first lesson with her and her boyfriend Marius. They promised they would come to church, but on Sunday they didn't show up and then we tried to call them and they NEVER answered? We tried for about a month trying to contact them a couple times a week and then just every so often. Well, anyway, we met with them on Saturday and they came to church on SUNDAY!!
Here's the story, I was sitting down after lunch on Friday and I had been thinking a lot about them. I thought to myself, well it wouldn't hurt to just try. Plus she had like over 40 cats, a few dogs and other odd animals that she takes care of and Sora Hall is an ANIMAL LOVER. I called them up and they answered! Come to find out she got really sick after our lesson. She was in the hospital and they had to sell their car. It was just a really low time for them. They came to church, they loved it and we will be meeting with them more this week. Sora Atkins, I hope you are reading this!
We have been doing a lot of English contacting these last few days. I am excited to teach English I love it so much. I really have gained such a love for teaching while here. I can't wait to apply all the wonderful things that I have learned here on my mission to my life back home.
Mom, thanks for all the updates on everyone. I can't believe Summer Roy is married! Good for her.
I have attached a few pictures, one of them is with a sister in a blue shirt and that is Sister Medzeleweka from Poland. She is now serving in Chisinau with Sora Zimmerman. We talked for a bit and shared the connection that we have with Stacey Helfritch (Day). She is wonderful and beautiful! Also, the others are of me with our awesome elders and others from transfers. Well, I love you all! Hope you all have good week!
Va iubesc,
Sora Hickman