Can you believe that I hit my year mark on Thursday! Holy cow, I can't believe that it has been a year. We are definitely going to PARTY it up. I'm actually serving with two awesome elders, Elder Nilsson and Elder James who will hit their year and a half mark, so we are all going to have fun!
Okay, I have a ton to tell you...so here we go. Transfers were great, a nice long train ride to Bucharest, it took about 14 hours. We sleep most of it, but would you like to know something interesting...we actually sit at the border for about 4 hours. Why you ask? Well first, they check our passports and luggage on both sides, but then they change the wheels on the train. Sounds crazy right? That's what I thought too, but not really. They raise the train up and they change the wheels. It is a fun adventure every time I love it. I really do LOVE long train rides. It is super cold and it has SNOWED a TON! I love it. I love snow so much it is really nice when I have a mountain to sled down or snow board on. It is so pretty, cold and snowy but no worries I'm dressing warm and having a blast. Let us just say the elders and I get into plenty on snow ball fights. :)
A bit about my new awesome companion...Sora Hall. This is her 3rd transfer. She was in the MTC with Sora Cottam and Sora Schuld. She is from Los Angeles, California. She is SUPER fun and SUPER chill, just a really relaxed Sister, which is what I need. She has an older brother and sister. She was studying Biology at BYU before she came out. She loves to cook and is really good at it too. So we get along real great.
Can I tell you a miracles? Before Sora Schuld and I left last week, we had a great lesson with Tonya, who was suppose to get baptised on Saturday. She had stopped meeting with us and stopped coming to Church. I was so upset because she said that her husband was not happy that she was coming to our church and that was the last lesson we had. I thought, oh no this is one of those cases where investigator is totally solid, but the family is not in accord, so they stop meeting with us. Well, I was wrong. She met with Sora Hall and I last Friday and said that her husband had agreed for her to be baptised. She said that she had thought a lot about her baptismal date, it was for the 18th. She is ready, so we will establish her date again and work towards that. I love this work and I can see God's hand in it all the time.
Another blessing, I talked to Tibi on Wednesday. Tibi was a convert Sora Harward and I found. (THANK YOU ENGLISH CLASSES) Sora Mullen and I were together when he was baptised. He will hit his one year mark about the time that I go home and I want to go to the temple with him. Anyway, I called him and he said that he would love to go to the temple when you come to pick me up. How awesome is that?? I'm SO stoked. I really can't tell you how happy I am. I also have been thinking more and I think that I would like to come in August. I have felt the best about that date. Mom and Dad I wrote you another note. Sora Henrie is trying to get her family to come. She wants to do a bit of traveling together.
I love you all so much. I hope that you all have a great week. I know that this gospel is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. Speaking of Book Of Mormon, I am in Mosiah 9, this week was rough. I am thinking that I will be able to be done reading it by the end of March. I hope that you are all doing your reading? Also, Mom I don't think that Tiffany is getting my emails. Can you send them to her?
tiffanynickole18@gmail.com
I love you all Va iubesc Pe toti!
Sora Hickman
Another blessing, I talked to Tibi on Wednesday. Tibi was a convert Sora Harward and I found. (THANK YOU ENGLISH CLASSES) Sora Mullen and I were together when he was baptised. He will hit his one year mark about the time that I go home and I want to go to the temple with him. Anyway, I called him and he said that he would love to go to the temple when you come to pick me up. How awesome is that?? I'm SO stoked. I really can't tell you how happy I am. I also have been thinking more and I think that I would like to come in August. I have felt the best about that date. Mom and Dad I wrote you another note. Sora Henrie is trying to get her family to come. She wants to do a bit of traveling together.
I love you all so much. I hope that you all have a great week. I know that this gospel is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. Speaking of Book Of Mormon, I am in Mosiah 9, this week was rough. I am thinking that I will be able to be done reading it by the end of March. I hope that you are all doing your reading? Also, Mom I don't think that Tiffany is getting my emails. Can you send them to her?
tiffanynickole18@gmail.com
I love you all Va iubesc Pe toti!
Sora Hickman