Monday, February 13, 2012

Natalee's Letter February 13, 2012

Hello!!!!!!!!

Well, we are doing great over here in COLD Chisinau, Moldova. We have gotten a lot of snow, but it is beautiful. We have had a great week though. I need to start with a few items of email business. Mom, thanks a ton for checking my bank account. I really appreciate that. Also, I have thought a little not too much about what I want to do. I wrote Dan a long letter letting him know what I thought, so please communicate with him. I don't always have a lot of time to write more than a couple people. I did not get to watch the World Wide Training, I was at the church. I heard many great things about it though. Dad, I have learned a little Russian here, I wish I could learn more, but I have to keep working on my Romanian. I still feel like I have so much to work on. I'm trying to pick up a few words here and there. The Russia Elders are really nice at helping.

I am super excited to Bryce! I can't believe that he is old enough to be headed off to West Point. For an Easter package I think I am doing ok. I would love some more marshmellows:), they are always fun to make a little s'more here and there. I'm just about done with my peanut butter from Christmas. Maybe some Reese's peanut butter cups. I think we have most of what we need right now for the most part so don't spend too much money. It is really expensive to send packages. Carson, I never got your package that you sent for Christmas/ B-day. I keep hoping that it will be here on Wednesday our transfer day. I have a lot of letters in the process. I want all of you to know that have written me,THANK YOU!! I am so horrible at writing back. It is not that I don't love you it is more like I just don't have enough time every P-day.
Some other sad news, Tonya will not be getting baptised in the 18th. We actually have not had a lesson with her in 2 weeks! Her family found out what church she had been attending and now they are against what she is doing. This is one of the hardest parts of the work; seeing those that you love and have seeing them grow so much and then fall off the face of the earth. I keep praying for her and hope that all will work out.
Also, for my scripture reading I am in Mosiah 6. I love reading through the Book of Mormon again. There is so much to learn. For those of you that are still reading along with me I hope that you are learning a lot. I actually have only heard from Carson, thanks Cars! :)
Another transfer is coming to a close! Can you believe it? I can't! I feel like I just got here in Chisinau. My new companion will be Sister Hall. She has been serving in Bucharest the last two transfers. I am excited to start another transfer. I can't believe that this is my 8th. Crazy how time flies. I have definitely learned a lot this transfer and I still have so much to learn.

I would actually like to share a few of those things in my letter today and share my testimony.
I have learned about the small power of Satan and how important it is to have the spirit with me in our lessons. I know that contention drives the spirit away and it is impossible to do this work with out the spirit. I have really gained a strong love and longing, you could say, for the scriptures or the words of the prophets. I find myself turning to them more and more at every moment I can. I just hope that I am doing all that I can to help others come unto Christ, that I am helping them realize the great blessings that come from living the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the peace, happiness and feelings I receive every time I read the scriptures and I pray to know that they are true. I am so glad I have a loving supportive family. I love you all. I hope you all have a good week. Know that I miss you, I pray for you and I appreciate all you do for me. Aunt Dorene, mom told me that you called last week and said that you pray for me every day, thank you. Thank you to every one, I really feel the strength of your prayers. I couldn't do it with out you!
va iubesc,
Sora Hickman