Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekly Letter July 25,2011

Buna fam bam,
Man I have SO much to tell you!
First off transfers were wonderful. Sora Mullen is a Doll! She is from Orem and she went to Orem High school...so pretty sure we have some common friends. I guess we'll have to wait till we get home to check facebook. Ha ha, jk. She is so cute, super full of energy and so funny; we laugh all the time because she has the best jokes and impressions of others, I love it. She says sick a lot...like everything is SO SICK or that's Sick...it's like saying that's cool except with more emphasis added. She has been out for almost a year. She went to BYU before her mission.
She is such a BLAST!! She has been a HUGE help already...this is going to be such an EPIC transfer!!
Next, we had a baptism!! Tibi, one of our English students; we started meeting with him a few weeks ago and he was just gata (ready)! We had the baptism yesterday after slujba (church) and I'm NOT gonna lie, it was a bit stressful but super beautiful. When we showed up to Church and the basin was STILL EMPTY!!! The elders were suppose to start it when they came for correlation meeting, but accidentally forgot. It takes a long time...like hours to fill it up, so we were a bit panicked. So we quickly found the hoses and started filling it up. We were definitely blessed! We don't have baptismal fonts here so we do baptisms in big basin type thing. It is quite the adventure to fill one of these bad boys up and to empty it as well. It's pretty much poles and a heavy tarp. You'll see in the pictures. Sora and I sang a duet while he was getting dressed. Then we talked about how we are all children of our Heavenly Father and how wonderful it is to have this great knowledge. I love this gospel!
Okay, next...we had the LONGEST train ride of my life. So we left Buc a little before 7 PM on Wednesday night and didn't get into Cluj until 9 in the morning on Thursday. We got stuck on the track a few times. There had been some pretty BIG storms and a huge tree was in the middle of the track. After a long day in Buc where it was super hot...aka lots of sweating. Ha ha, then sitting, sleeping and being on a train for 14 hours. Lets just say that when I got done showering I felt A LOT better and smelled a whole lot better Too. :)
We will see president and is wife this next week for interviews and then we are going to Oradea on Thursday for a HUGE YSA conference for Young singles all over Europe! I'm SO excited. We have to leave at 4:30 in the morning! But, no worries it will be fun.
I am about 5 days away form finishing the Book or Mormon or Cartea Lui Mormon in Romanian. I'm reading it in English, of course. I just finished Mormon so I'm off to Ether. I know at least one other person who is reading along with me and started bit later, but was determined to get caught up, so I hope He is close..:) I love studying every morning. I really look forward to the time that we get to spend preparing for our investigators and our day!
Well, time goes fast, but I love you ALL SOSOSOSOSOS much. I hope you all have a wonderful week and that I get to hear from you soon. Oh, P.S. - I would love pictures of you and your beautiful families; from any of my friends who read this, I would love picture from you too. You can send them over email or in a letter, either or.
va iubesc!
Sora Natalee Hickman