Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011 Letter

Buna buna buna family and friends,

Wow, another week done and another transfer is almost over. I feel like I was just in Bucharest a few days ago. I have SO many wonderful things to tell you about this week. SO, let's get started.

Okay, first I'm in Bucharest right now and I will be here till Wednesday or until I go back to Cluj. Sora Harward is leaving to go home. They bring the departing missionaries in early. I will be in Cluj for another transfer!! SO STOKED. I will be with Sora Mullen. She is So fun. She served with Sora Harward. I met her my first days in the country. I'm way excited. Oh, they are white washing the elders in Cluj. So EVERYONE in Cluj will be new except for me! I'm so excited because we have a lot of work to do and a lot of people to prepare for baptism.

Last week we had one of our English students show up to church. We were surprised when he walked in. We always invite our students to come, but we were surprised because he never really expressed an interest and he never talked to us after English. A little history, his name is Tibi. He got divorced 2 years ago and has been looking for God ever since. He has two girls one who is 15 and one is 9. Bianca is 9 and she comes to English because she wants to go to America. She is so cute!!! Anyway, he has been going to different Church's every week trying to figure which one he likes best. Sounds a little like Joseph Smith, right?!!! So we set up a lesson with him and Fratele (brother) Sas (Sauce) on Wednesday. It was FANTASTIC. Fratele Sas bore his testimony and it was really nice because he and Tibi are both men and they really understand each other. Plus getting members to lessons is SO KEY, because they automatically have a friend. We again met with him on Friday and he had read and new it was true. He really studies and he came again to church. During the lesson I had a feeling to set a baptismal date with him. Then he expressed, during the lesson that he wanted to be baptized and asked what did he need to do, what does is take and how long would it take?! EPIC right?...that's what I was thinking. Then he said I would like to be baptized on the 24th...that is this next SUNDAY! He said, "as long as I'm ready". Heavenly Father has prepared so many people and we just have to find them and share what we have. The Gospel really does change peoples lives and it is changing my life! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!! So I will keep you updated on his progress.

Marion will be finishing one of his jobs this week and will have more time to meet, we hope. So we are praying and having faith that he will progress after that. He just needs to be happy! I know he has it in him he just has to realize what a life changing thing he has in front of him.

Anyway, one thing that I love about the Romanian culture is how giving, open and loving these people are. For example, last night as we were leaving for Bucharest, we had students from English, both investigators and members show up to the gara (train station) to say good bye. I LOVE these people.

Oh, I am getting super close on my Book of Mormon - 60 day challenge reading. I am in 3rd Nephi right now. I am about to start Christ's ministry to the Nephites. I look forward to reading and studying everyday. I hope that each of you are taking time to read the scriptures. I promise you that if you will take time each day to study and pray. You will be happier. Work will go SO much better and you will notice God's hand in small ways blessing you. So, JUST DO IT! Don't say I'll start tomorrow...start NOW!!!

Well I hope you all are well. I love you all SO much. Thanks for all of your LOVE and support. I get mail on Wednesday and I AM SO EXCITED because I haven't gotten mail at all since the last transfer. So, I'm sure I will have a lot of good letters to read from the last 6 weeks.

Va iubesc,

Sora Hickman