Monday, July 11, 2011

buna buna buna!
Wow' what a fantastic week. We went to Arad Monday night and Tuesday. We met our new mission President, President Hill! I am SO excited to be able to work with him and his wife. His wife is a hoot! We received a lot of wonderful council. I love Conferences, they just gives me a good boost to keep working hard even when it is HOT and no one wants to listen and I'm tired.
This morning Sora and I got up really early, a little before 5:00 AM because we wanted to watch the sun rise. It was a bit cloudy, but it turned out SO pretty. Don't worry I'll send pics! Later while I was running, I thought about the sunrise and how first the clouds were covering the sun and you couldn't really see anything. It was getting lighter outside and it was pretty, but nothing extraordinary. Then after about 15 minutes the sun was a mixture of red, orange and yellow and it was HUGE and beautiful, absolutely gorgeous as it rose just over the horizon! That made me think about our investigators. They are wonderful people doing good things, living wonderful lives, but as soon as the clouds disperse and the worldly things STOP holding them back and they let the gospel touch their lives. That is when they become MARVELOUS. It is when the spirit touch their lives. I just love nature and our investigators!
Well, as I said its been hot, but that's ok. Sora and I just laugh when we see ourselves at the end of the day - hot - sweaty - good looking sister missionaries striving to be representatives of Jesus Christ! I LOVE missionary work.
So, I've been reading in the Book of Mormon. I'm just about done (well just over a half way actually) with my 60 day challenge. I'm reading the last chapters of Alma. I've read about the 2000 stripling warriors and their great example and CONFIDENCE in their Heavenly Father! Confidence is something I'm working on. I've struggled in just being able to have trust, that when I start talking, that the Romanian language will come and that I won't get laughed at. I do get laughed at a lot, but it is almost even better because then they ask me where I'm from and what I'm doing here! BINGO! So, I'm learning to embrace that fact. I love the Book of Mormon even in the war chapters of Alma we can find application to our lives.
Well, Marian is still struggling with his work schedule, but we hope he will have more time next week. He is quitting one of his jobs. We are meeting with Thea tonight. We hope we can help her feel the Spirit and continue on her path of endurance. Thank you, for your prayers, love and concern for our investigators. Its nice to know they are being thought of and prayed for on the other side of the world.
Well I love you all, thanks for your love and support!
Cu Drag,
Sora Hickman