Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011 Letter

Hello Family,
Well, what a week! I can't wait to tell you about it. I'm doing so well over here in Cluj. Sora Mullen and I are staying busy and working hard!
A few highlights; we had interviews with President Hill on Wednesday it was really nice to sit down with both President and Sister Hill, get to know them a bit better and to talk with them. On Thursday we had a really early morning getting up at 3:00 AM and catching our train around 4:45 for Oradea. The Conference was SO amazing. There were YSAs from all over Eastern Europe. We did street boarding and street contacting with all of them. We had Olivia with us most of the time. She is 17 and from Hungry. She would walk down the street and ask everyone if the spoke Hungarian. In Hungarian of course and if they didn't we would talk to them in Romanian. A lot of people in places like Cluj, Oradea and Arad more on the West side speak Hungarian and Romanian. We had a lot that spoke with her and she was SO BALLER, she would testify to them and oh...it was amazing. It was so great to see all of these young people wanting to share their beliefs with others. It was a really energizing and a nice little reboot to missionary work.
Tibi received the Holy Ghost yesterday. It which was a great spiritual experience for us and him. We still have so much to teach him, but now it will be nice that he has the companionship of the Holy Ghost. Also Marian has been meeting with us more. He actually lost one of him jobs...but no worries because he is now working at one of his old jobs, but this one is good because it doesn't take over his life!! We are really trying to help him to be happy and progress towards baptism.
So, right now its watermelon season!!!!!!!!!! Sora Mullen and I love watermelon and we have been eating watermelon like crazy. I think we bought 4 watermelons this week. Good thing its pretty cheap! ha ha
Oh, great news! I finished the Book of Mormon and it is still true!!!! I love reading the Book of Mormon! I heard from a few people that they didn't finish in the 60 days or make it before the beginning of August, but don't you fret, keep working at it and if anything just make sure you are reading a little everyday.
Also, this is for friends who read this. If you send me an email - please send me your home address too!!! I get all of these AWESOME emails, but I can't write back to some of you because I don't have a mailing address for you!! Everyone is allowed to email me but I can only write back to family. So keep 'em coming and I will write a letter back to you.
I want to tell you all how much I love you all. Thanks for all your love and support. I also want all of you to know how much I love the gospel. I know that its is true. I hope you all have a wonderful week!!
va iubesc
Sora Hickman