Hello family and friends,
Summer back home sounds way fun! I've heard from a few people about their camping, hiking adventures and boating adventures! So fun!
Well, what a week! We had sister exchanges this last week which was SUPER fun and a nice change up to everything. The sisters from Arad, Sister Puckett and Sister Henrie came to Cluj on Wednesday. Sora Puckett stayed with me in Cluj and Sora Mullen went back to Arad. It was super fun. We had some lessons set up and did a lot of contacting. Sora Puckett and I left Friday morning for Arad and Sora and I came back Friday night. They just decided to do this. The elders do it and they thought why not the sisters? It is a great learning experience; I really like it. You get to see the different teaching styles and it is also nice to get to know the other sisters in the mission. Sister Puckett is from Grand Junction Colorado. She was in the Marines before she came on a mission. She is awesome. It was so great to work with her for a couple of days.
Thea hasn't been to church for the last few weeks, but she did come play football with us and she txd me last week because she is going on vacation to Israel and asked me where the churches are there. I told her to check lds.org. She found a place and was super excited. I do hope she gets to go when she is there. She is wonderful, I know that things will work out soon.
Well, Sora and I met with the sweet family Mihela and Cladiu, it went well. President Lepure and his wife came, it was a great help to have them both there. We will continue to work with them and see how things go. Also, thanks Sora Harward for your words of encouragements!!
Sora and I had an interesting Sunday...NOTHING like last week, but I experienced my first time being controlled on an auto bus. So we were heading home last night and we needed to take a bus, but we didn't have any tickets. The bus pulled up and we decide to get on. I was thinking perfect it is a sign that Heavenly Father wants us to get home before 9:30...well, I was wrong. I had this bad feeling come over me after we got on and sure enough just a few minutes later the bus pulled over and we got checked. Nothing bad happens you just have to pay a fine of 25 lei each. So we panicked and pretended we didn't speak Romanian and called our Elders on the phone. The bus poeple kept asking us questions and of course we understood, but we looked at them in confusion. They rushed us off and I was trying not to laugh and panic at the same time. Anyway, we learned a good lesson to not ride dirty as we say or without a ticket. Haha
Also, just another reminder that if you send me an email send me your mailing address too! I can write, but I cannot email you back.
I love the Gospel and I love all of you!!!! I hope all of you are doing well! I love hearing from you all. Thanks for all of your love and support.
Love, Sora Hickman