Wow, Five weeks down can you believe it? because I sure can't!
Well, to start off I wanted to let you all know that Sister Henrie is doing well! So well that they shipped her off to Romania already. It came as quite the shock. She went into the health clinic on Tuesday at 1:00 PM, just before we went to gym. She got her okay and they said, "we just have to go meet with the District Presidency". So after gym we went up just before 2:30 PM and they had her travels plans ready. She had to be at the travel office by 5:00 AM Wednesday morning. She was excited but shocked. So, Sora Bennett and I helped her pack that afternoon and got her all squared away. She is now in Romania working. Oh, I'm not sure if I told you this but she is the mission nurse. She will do a lot of proselyting but will also have the special privilege to work as the nurse for all of us.
Well, anyway this week was great! My Romanian seems to be improving. I have noticed since I've been here in the MTC that I have a lot more dreams. Well, it is more that I can remember them now. It is probably because I am actually getting more sleep instead of 4 to 6 hours its more like 6 to 7.5 hours. The purpose of this story is; I have started dreaming in Romanian lately...LOVE it! It is a little bit different, but I hope that is the way that my mind is trying to make sense of everything that I have learned through out the day!
I have had some questions about my schedule especially for Sunday. It is different but its a great difference! On Sundays we have a lot of study time; this is the typical Sunday schedule: Arise 5:45 to 6:00 AM, get ready, breakfast at 7:00 to7:30 AM, Study time MDT(Missionary Directed Time) till 9:15, then we go to Music & The Spoken Word. RS is from 10:00 to11:00 AM, then we have just a bit of MDT till noon, we go to lunch, after lunch we have sacrament from 1:30 to 2:30 PM, then a temple walk from 2:45 to 3:35 PM. We have a district meeting for an hour and a half. With 3 people in our district it does not take long; we usually use the time to play the piano, sing or study and we have dinner at 4:30 to 6:00 PM. After dinner we study till the Fireside at 7:00 PM. After the firesides we have movies or talks that are broadcast to different rooms throughout the MTC. Sundays are great...LONG but wonderful.
I want to share a really cool experience that happened this last week. So as most of you know the language has been a struggle, but I have learned to be patient and diligent. Sora Bennett and Elder Nielson get it so much faster. Anyway, we have weekly interviews with our teachers; who ask us about life and class just to make sure we are all doing okay. Last week Fratele ( Brother) Irion had an interview with me. He said he could tell that I had been struggling, but he said when you teach you teach with such power that your grammar does not matter because you have the Spirit with you. In our next lesson with him; he was our progressive investigator Robbie; I started speaking and words were just coming to my mind. It was amazing; I knew of his concern, but I didn't know exactly what I was going to say, yet I knew I had to say something; so I started and it was like word after word was coming to my mind...it was AMAZING. Then after the lesson F. Irion said, "okay lets all go back to class; Sora Hickman you stay here". I was floored, he complimented me on my speech. The spirit gave me great CONFIDENCE. I have gained such a strong testimony of the HOLY GHOST. I knew of its importance, but it really hit home that day.
Let me know if you all have any other questions? If you would like to know anything about my schedule here at the MTC? I am loving the DearElders and Packages! You all Rock!,
Well, I love you all and I love hearing from all of you! I have now heard from all my siblings! Way to go brothers and sisters! haha! I really have the Best Family Ever!
Te Iubesc ( love you)
Sora Hickman