Buna! Family and friends, can you believe that I have been here for 6 weeks now? I get my travels plans in about a week and will leave two weeks after that.
General Conference this last weekend was great. We got to watch every session and while the Elders were watching the Priesthood session we watched the YW's session from the previous week. There were a couple of talks that really stood out to me. I loved President Monson's talk on Temples. I hope that one day I can say that I have been to ALL the temples in the world! It was awesome to hear that we are getting a temple in Fort Collins, Colorado! AWESOME! I loved how he talked of the importance of attending the temple. I have loved being able to go to the temple every week while here at the MTC. I'm going to miss it for the rest of my mission, when I get to Romania. I hope you all will take advantage and get to the Temple as often as you can. It is such a great blessing and even if you think it is a sacrifice, know that you will be blessed for your service to the Lord.
General Conference this last weekend was great. We got to watch every session and while the Elders were watching the Priesthood session we watched the YW's session from the previous week. There were a couple of talks that really stood out to me. I loved President Monson's talk on Temples. I hope that one day I can say that I have been to ALL the temples in the world! It was awesome to hear that we are getting a temple in Fort Collins, Colorado! AWESOME! I loved how he talked of the importance of attending the temple. I have loved being able to go to the temple every week while here at the MTC. I'm going to miss it for the rest of my mission, when I get to Romania. I hope you all will take advantage and get to the Temple as often as you can. It is such a great blessing and even if you think it is a sacrifice, know that you will be blessed for your service to the Lord.
I met a sister a couple weeks ago here. She was older and is going to serve in the DC Temple. She has over 3800 family names to complete. WOW! Can you believe that? There is a sweet Chinese lady here in Prove who waits out side of the Temple every week looking for missionaries to do family names for her. She says the only way she will be able to get them all done is with our help! She has over 2000 names... Amazing!
Also, I loved Elder Richard G. Scott's talk... His precious and tender words about his sweet deceased wife were so great. I loved hearing about their sweet love story. It was so cute. I loved how he talked about the relationship between husbands and wives...how tender and strong the relationship needs to be in order to rear the family in righteousness and to make it back to live with Heavenly Father! SO WONDERFUL!
So, I hope that you all were able to listen to conference. If not, that you will read the talks and apply them in your life. I love conference, it is so great to get pumped up and keep progressing in the Lord's way!
I was so delighted to get a wonderful package and dearelder from the Caywood's this Week! Thank you! It was so sweet, I loved the wonderful treats and so did the rest of my district. I am also super happy that B got to baptize Sarah! Sarah congrats! Its amazing the blessings that come from a missionary's service.
Also, I was very touched this week by some of the blessings my mom wrote to me about. Dad being so successful last month in his sales. The beautiful prayer given by Brother VanWagenen in the Temple. Thank you all so very much for all of your love and prayers! I love hearing from all of you!
Also, this week we had a great Tuesday night fireside with Elder and Sister Robert C. Oaks, an Emeritus member of the Seventy. He talked about finding people and how guidance can come from the Holy Ghost. I loved what he had to say. He also gave some great ideas form "Preach My Gospel"; on what to study and how to come closer to the Spirit.
We got New Romanian Elders yesterday... there are 4 of them. We are so exciting to have new ones here!
Well, I love you all again. Thank you all for your love and support!
Te iubesc,
Sora Hickman