Thursday, April 21, 2011

Natalee's Letter - April 21, 2011

Hello family and friends!
Well, it is official.  This is my last week in the MTC!  I got travel plans last Thursday night.  I leave from the MTC at 5:00 AM.  (Monday)?  We fly out of Salt Lake at 8:30 AM.  Sorry no visitors.  Aunt Georgia asked me that in her last letter...just so you know!  We fly from here to Atlanta and have about a 3.5 hour layover.  Then fly from Atlanta to the Netherlands and from the Netherlands to Bucharest ROMANIA!!!!  We are suppose to land in Romania at 1:30 PM in the afternoon their time.  There is about an 8 to 9 hour difference in time.  Now, I think I get to make a call from the airport to home.  I'm not positive, but about 99 percent sure.  I will probably call around 7:00 AM or so. (Note - added 1:30 PM there is 10:30 PM here)
Mom and Dan, thanks so much for the Easter packages!  Dan, I about cried when I smelt the package.  Ha ha.  Dan sprayed some cologne in the box so I would remember him and as I opened the package... I did!  I was almost in tears. I did think of you.  Thank you!  I love you!
Mom, I'll make sure to get the unwanted clothes sent back to you.  Thanks again I really appreciate it!  Also, will you keep an eye on my saving checking account?  I will be withdrawing some money soon.  Will you make sure it stays at the $200-$250 range?  Give me updates on my accounts every month.
Also, Foote did you get my ipod?  I hope you've sent it by now.  I may not get it before I leave.  We don't receive mail on Saturday.  Also, will you send back my camera card?  I can send pictures by email when I get to Romania.
Oh, another thing, pouch mail is no longer available in Romania.  It was, but as far as I know; form now on it is not available.  The quickest way is to email at natalee.hickman@myldsmail.com.  Then I can reply. I will have a bit more time in the field; not much, but I also won't have to worry about a timer in the corner that will automatically kick me off when my time is over...SO STRESSFUL! Ha ha
Okay, now down to the "nitty gritty"... (I'll give anyone a high 5...when I get home if they can guess what movie that's from?) Guess? 


Now, comes the devotional on Tuesday...one of my VERY favorite Apostles; RICHARD G. SCOTT! He was fantastic.  I'm so happy I got to see an Apostle for my last devotional! He was so cute.  When he first walked in; he apologized and said he would not be able to stay after to give everyone a handshake; but wanted to give us all a virtual hug. I loved it.  I felt like I was hugging you Dad. It have missed every ones hugs.
He talked about the importance of our light and example. He did a very interesting thing.  He blessed all of those learning languages with the gift of tongues; that was very powerful and rewarding for me.  His comments really gave me encouragement.  He also said something that I loved.  He said, "in order to reach a goal you have to do things that you've NEVER done before". Which makes sense, but it really hit me hard that in order to teach the people of Romania and to learn Romanian I will have to work like I've never worked and pray like I've never prayed before and study like Ive never studied before. Then in the end he bore a VERY powerful testimony about Christ.  He said, "I don't believe that christ lives...I KNOW"! Very inspiring!
Everything else here is well.  I am trying hard to make sure all my bags are under 50 pounds and get packed!  I would love to hear from you all!  
Te iubesc,
Sora Hickman