Saturday, April 16, 2011

Natalee's Letter April 14, 2011

Wow, can you believe I leave the MTC is less than two weeks; I cant!  We should get travel plans today but we haven't seen anything yet.  So, hopefully we will receive them tonight!

Again, I want to thank all of you for your letters, prayers and packages!  I love getting updates from all of you so thank you!

This week was wonderful.  On Sunday we had a fabulous performance form the BYU Men's Chorus!  It was so entertaining and so AWESOME!  They did a mix of spiritual and international songs; SO cool. I recognized some friends that used to be in my ward in Orem.  It was great to see them. On Tuesday night Elder Rasband and his wife came to speak with us. They both gave magnificent talks. Elder Rasband focused on three things; one,bridle your thoughts, two, garnish your thoughts and three, pray for the Spirit. I really liked what was said about bridling your thought.  On ones mission you have to be extra careful that the thoughts of home, friends and the world don't consume you.  It is easy to let those things consume you.  They are not bad things; but, just not good at this time in ones life. That really made me think about diligence and serving the Lord with all ones heart, might, mind and strength.  After every devotional we get together as a district and discuss it. I really like that.  It helps me to retain the information more.  Elder Rasband, just as the other speakers we've had here talked about the Spirit.  Interesting, repetition is definitely a great teaching tool. Every time we have a speaker I always try to make goals.  It makes my week better by implementing the things they have shared.

The New Romanian district is wonderful.  The Elders and Sisters are all progressing well!  Its crazy to think that...that was me 7 weeks ago.  I'm so grateful for how much I have learned and how fast I've learned everything.  I have miles and miles to go, but I know that it is possible.

I am SO EXCITED to get to ROMANIA!!!  I can't wait.  I don't necessarily feel ready, but I know it will be the start of a wonderful journey.

Many of the Elders and Sisters that I have grown to love, because we have been here so long together, are starting to leave.  It is sad to see them go, yet I know I will be there before I know it!

I was reading in Alma 5 this morning.  I was very impressed by the great power of the words I read and how important it is to be righteous and consistent.  I would go into more detail but I don't have much time.

I'm so grateful for this gospel. I'm grateful to have loving and supportive family members. Thank you all so much!

Te iubesc,
Sora Hickman