Monday, July 2, 2012

Natalee's Letter July 2, 2012


Wow, I know I say it every week, "another week down," and they are flying by NOW!!!!!!
 
We had a wonderful week!  I have so much to share.  We are working hard on our project.  We moved the date to the 21st of July...THANK GOODNESS because we have SO much to do.  We are still working hard and I still feel like we have a long way to go, but I am convinced that the Lord is going to make up for us because His hand truly is in this Event.  It keeps getting bigger and bigger and Sora and I just keep praying and fasting that we will have all the help that we need and that we will have all the skills necessary to pull everything off.
 
We have another baptismal date for one of our investigators...Gabriela on the 28th of July. She came to church yesterday and really enjoyed it.  We are still working with Cristina.  She still does not feel ready to be baptised, but I know that she just needs time, the support from the branch and her time will shortly come.  We are being so blessed with lessons and people to teach, so many miracles.  When Sora Atkins and I started serving together, we really didn't have anybody and now our numbers are rising.  We are busy and I love it!
 
Yesterday in church we had one of the best fast and testimony meetings I think I have had in my entire mission.  I could just feel the love of the branch.  Members were coming up one after another.  It was awesome!  They testified of The Book of Mormon, they testified of families, of the power of a living prophet, the power that comes from doing visiting teaching and home teaching.  Then of course you have some of the old timers, like Fratele Popa who is 84 and so funny, he share a "lifeamony" instead of a testimony, but it still was so wonderful!  I love this branch here is Ploiesti.  Mom and Dad I can't wait for you to meet these wonderful people in Romania and Moldova.
 
Sora Atkins and I had a wonderful opportunity to meet with the Relief Society President, Sora Banita and do some work with the less active .  Oh, it was AMAZING!!!  We went out, found and visited a lot of members who were baptized years ago...15+ years ago.  Sora Banita is a wonderful and strong member.  She came out of a 10 year inactivity period about a year and a half ago!  She now is helping find those lost ones, her lost friends.  We met a sister on Friday night, actually it was slightly by accident.  We were headed to the Ursu's house.  They are an inactive family who were also baptized years ago.  As we were headed over there this lady waved to Sora Banita.  She shouted back at her and we walked across the street.  Come to find out she was baptised years ago.  Sora Banita hadn't seen her in years and YEARS!!!  The member, Georgiana is her name, came to an activity once at the church and according to the records she was DECEASED!!!  Could you imagine showing up to your church and having the members tell you that they thought you were dead, because you had been inactive for many years?  You would no longer recognized anyone and of course no one would recognizes you!  Sora Banita said come back to church, prepare yourself for the temple, this branch needs you!!!!  Oh it was amazing.  I have such a strong testimony of member missionary work. It truly is the BEST way!
 
I also hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July!  We are celebrating today...we are going to have a BBQ and we are roastin' S'mores!!!!!!!!  OH, I'M SO EXCITED!!!
 
I miss you all and I love you all!
 
Have a wonderful week!
 
Love Sora Hickman