Hi friends and family!
Well what a week! Another down and ready for a new one. We have MUCH to do this week for our Open House. We are working really really hard this week to get everything pulled off for the open house.
The pictures from the funeral were wonderful! THANK YOU!!! I wish I could have been there. It was wonderful to see all the family together. Shanda your hair looks AMAZING short. I love it! Taylor I am sorry about your ankle, I'm sure that's no fun. OH man I LOVE you all so much! Seeing you all together makes me miss home, but I know that the time is getting closer and we will all see each other. I got an email last week from Keagan and he said that he will be getting married in August. I'm Super excited for him, but sad too that I won't get to hang out with him, when I get home or be at his wedding. I guess we will have to do fun double dates or something and he will be able to be at my wedding. All the cousins look so big and grown up...haha I am also one of those grown up ones. To me its crazy to believe that not too long ago we were the young ones running around.
Well, so some updates about our work and our investigators. Cristina unfortunately is no longer investigating. She talked with an older man at the hospital about a week ago and he told her that reading The Book of Mormon is a sin. She said that she would no longer read it or come to church. She said that she felt like this was her answer from God...Sora Atkins and I testified our little hearts out and it was so hard to see her be so deceived by this old man. I know that Heavenly Father will take care of her...she'll come around. Also, we had a baptismal date for Gabriela for July 28th, who is so wonderful! She came to church 2 weeks ago and loved it, but then last Tuesday she was hired at a company and they stationed her 250 kilometers outside of Ploiesti, 250 KILOMETERS! Now she doesn't come into Ploiesti except for once a month...SAD I know. I am super happy she found a place to work but we can no longer meet with her now and as of recently she has not answered our texts or phone calls. I hope she is doing okay. The life of a missionary is so up and down. Really every day brings many new adventures, trials, heartaches and smiles. I have become so much more reliant on the Lord and flexible with all the things because he knows what he wants and he guides us moment to moment. I LOVE being a missionary, but sometimes it is hard, but that's life and I do love it.
We had exchanges this last week. I spent a few days in Bucharest with Sister Ewell! Who is a brand new missionary from Salt Lake City. She is being trained by dearest Sora Henrie. Exchanges were great and kinda crazy because Sora Ewell is new, so she is still not use to getting around Bucharest super well. I've never served in Bucharest, but I have been there a few times and I can get from the church to the train station or from the train station to the sister's apartment in Bucharest on the Panduri side...lets just say we might have gotten lost a few times, but it was great fun. Sora Ewell is a great missionary and she has an amazing voice. We did some singing contacting on Wednesday night...that's where we go to a park and we sing hymns and if people stop or approach us we go and speak with them and tell them about the church. Unfortunately Sora Henrie hurt her knee the previous Monday...so a week ago! We are afraid it is her miniscus again. DO you all remember last year in April when she tore it before she was about to leave the MTC? I hope she is okay...she was told to stay in bed for 7-10 days and then they will do an X-ray after the swelling goes down which is also unfortunate because she only has about 3 weeks left in the country before she goes home August 1st. Pray for her!
Also, I got to meet the Bensfields...they are a couple serving here in the embassy, but they know Rick and Natalie Porter, so if you see them you can tell them that I got to meet them. I'll attach a picture for you to see. She cooked us tacos and burritos, oh it was delicious! I also got to see the McFaddens, oh how I love them.
Sora Atkins and I are doing so well! I love her so much and I grow to love her every week! I am glad that we stayed together the 2nd transfer because without her I would not have been able to do this project. This week we are going with President Pasare (Branch President) to do individual invites to many of the local authorities! We have about 20 companies we are inviting. We are going to starting with The Child Protective Services, the police station the Anti Drug Services! It is going to be great.
Also, Mom and Aunt Georgia, I put your order in for the nativities. I also bought one. Mom, how many suit cases are you planning on bringing? haha Not that I am planning on bringing a ton home. I just need to know we are prepared. My credit card it woking. Thank you again for sending it to me! Shout out to Tiffany, Ashley Farris, and Katy for wrtting me. Ash can you send me your address? I love you all!
Va iubesc,
Sora Hickman