LA MULTI ANI!!!!!!!!!! this it how they say Happy New Year! Or the will say un ani fericit
Can you believe that it is time for transfers again? I can't. I'm going into my 7th transfer, I feel like I just got here in Arad and now I am headed to the other side of the country...CHISINAU!!!!! Its in the republic of Moldova. I was actually really really shocked to be going. I really thought I would be with Sora Cottam for one more transfer here in Arad. I know that if this is what Heavenly Father wants I'll do it, but I was pretty upset when I found out. Oh, that reminds me mom will you email the McFadden's my weekly email now? So, we leave tomorrow night (Tuesday) go to Buc and then I leave at about 7 Wednesday night from Buc and get into Chisinau around 9 the next morning.
Well, we had a FABULOUS week. We had some miraculous meeting with some less actives that we had never met with and some great break-throughs with some other less actives. Monday, we had a great FHE with Dona, Ghita, and Kristi. Kristi turned 7 on Wednesday. He is SO cute. I am going to miss him so much. He has asked me a few times why he can't get baptized? I tell him that he has to grow and little bigger first, then he might be able to fit in the baptismal font. ha ha
Tuesday, we had a great English class. I really love our English class this transfer. We had some amazing students and they were all so smart. For Christmas we gave them all a Book of Mormon and told them how much the book meant to each of us and how we really want to share it with them. I hope that Sora Cottam and Sora Henrie will have success with getting the girls to progress and start teaching some of them.
Wednesday, we had a crazy busy day. We have been working more and more with the branch and trying to get them excited for missionary work. Fratele (brother) Bivald got back from Germany about a month ago and he is such an asset to this branch. He is the ward mission leader and we met with him. We are trying to get a Branch missionary plan set up. He and President Banatean are starting to catch on to the vision of how missionary work is suppose to work. Meaning that it goes a lot better when the branch and missionaries work together. So, we had an excellent meeting trying to get the plan all set up and go over it with the members.
Thursday, was another busy day. I love it when we are going from appointment to appointment. It is so great to just feel like we are working hard and that we are doing all that we can do to use the time that Heavenly Father has given us here. We had a great lesson with Adam...He is doing so well. We are still trying to help him with his smoking and he has a great understanding of what it takes to repent and prepare for baptism. I love them SO much and I am super sad to say good bye to them. I haven't actually had the heart to tell them yet. We will go to see them tonight and I will say good bye.
We had an amazing New Years. We went to the McFaddens. We ate, we partied and we went down to Centru to see Fireworks. There were so many people there. It was a lot of fun. I thought about last year. I spent it with Cars and His family. I remember my knee going out while sledding and then not being able to walk! That was really embarrassing, but this year it was so fun to see a different type of culture. A lot of them were drinking, of course, but it is interesting how all over the world we all celebrate this Holiday. It is a wonderful reminder that we are all children of our Heavenly Father.
I am going to start reading the whole Book of Mormon again! I want to do it by March 5th. I'm sure I can do it faster if I just read it during my studies, but I have investigators to plan for too...so if any one wants to join me I would love it! I'll write about it in my weekly email to keep you all updated.
I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday and that you are excited for this New Year and all that it has to bring. I love you all and I am SO grateful for all! Sora Mullen thanks so much for taking care of Carson's gift for me...your wonderful! Sora Harward you are SO beautiful! Thanks for the email and pics, also Sora Hansen I will take your blanket for you.
Va iubesc foarte foarte mult!
Sora Hickman