Buna Family and Friends!
Wow! What a week and what a week to come. Well, its transfers this week so we were very anxious to get to email today to find out who our new companions are and what the plan is for our area. I am staying in Cluj, my new companion will be Sora Harward. I stayed with her for one night in Bucharest when we first arrived at the beginning of last transfer. She trained my MTC companion Sora Bennett, so I am supper excited to be staying here and get to know her more. We leave tomorrow night for Buc (Bucharest) and will return early Wednesday morning. Nothing like 10 hours on a train! Oh and Sora Humpheries is going to Moldova for this next transfer it was the LAST place she wanted to go, ha ha funny how that works!
Well, Sora Humphries and I had a wonderful opportunity to go to Buc this last week for a Mission Conference. It was a special invite for us. The meeting is just for Zone Leaders and then they invite 2 sister and we got the special privilege. It was wonderful! We talked a lot about good leadership, goals for the mission and, of course, obedience. It was awesome to see all the wonderful Elders fulfilling their mission responsibility. When I see men fulfill their Priesthood responsibilities, I gain great respect and that is something that brings me a LOT of joy and a BIG smile to my face. What a train ride we had going there. We had to sit up the whole night that was NOT super fun but A GREAT experience. Oh and it was SO SO SO HOT in the train. I think I told you that Romanian's have a problem with current, which is a draft thing. Well, we had an older lady in the cabin with us and she didn't want the window down to far...HA HA, but it turned out just fine! We arrived and 8:05 in Buc got to the mission home at 8:25 and had to be in our seats at 8:45. So Sora and I may not have looked AWESOME or smelt FANTASTIC but we made it! Luckily we had a sleeper train on the way home! I love all of these NEW experience. It is nice to look back on them and laugh.
We had a lot of Miracles this week. I love, not only daily, but the hourly reminders that I receive, as we are doing this work; that the Lord's hand is in this great work! I love meeting new people and getting to speak with the members. I can't wait till I can speak fluently so I can better communicate with everyone. It is interesting to me how much I understand. I can understand most conversations especially when it is gospel related. I'm now just waiting patiently to receive the other part of the gift of tongues; to not only be able to understand but to speak as well. I love Romanian because it is such a beautiful language.
Oh a little food for thought for this week. Clatite CLATITE CLATITE CLATITE CLATITE!!!!!! I have eaten SO much Clatite this week! Sora said she has never eaten this much clatite on her whole mission. Clatite is Romanian's version of pancakes. They are pretty much crepes. So good, not too good for you but Ce sa fac??! They are sweet and they put cheese, jam or even cream mixtures of sour cream, onion, dill and all sorts of things. They are delicious but when I see them made, it makes my heart start beating really fast because they use a TON of oil (NOT every one, but we have had a few members or investigators that do). Talk about clogged arteries...ha ha. I hope Heavenly Father's Hand is in all parts of this work even the part of trying to stay thin and healthy!
Well, as always thank you for your love and support! I love you all!
cu drag (with love)
Sora Hickman