Monday, June 27, 2011

Hello Family and Friends!
I hope that you are all doing well!
What a week! We have had crazy weather from super cold, windy and rainy to blazing hot! Ce sa fac!
So, I have a couple items of exciting news! We set a baptismal date for the 9th of July for Marian. He is the guy that contacted Sora Humphries and I about English initially and then we started teaching him the Gospel. He is great! He is struggling with his work schedule and church but we are hoping that he can get everything worked out so he doesn't have to work anymore on Sundays. We also had a special fast for Thea this last week. She is 15 but acts like a 20 year old. She is So mature and really has a strong testimony. She pretty much is a member already. She faithfully works on Personal Progress and comes to church every week! I'm SO impressed by how wonderful she is. She is a GREAT example to me. She has wanted to get baptised for a longtime but her mom has been really hesitant; so we decided to have a fast with her, along with the young women's President Simona, and the Elders. We told our Zone leaders about it and they decided to have the whole Zone fast for her! We are hoping this will give her the courage to talk with her mom and that her mom will have an open heart.
I love doing missionary work. I know that I say that a lot, but really when I can share such a simple message about something I've had my whole life and to see the light and knowledge that it brings into their lives is AMAZING!
English is going AWESOME! We haven't had the BEST turn out but we always have 5-10 people there for our beginners class, but its still fun. We had a wonderful couple talk with us after class last Saturday and they were EPIC! So, Sora Harward has had a goal of wanting to find an baptise a family her whole mission...we are hoping this is her family! The couple does not go to any particular church because they feel like there is too many and that they all teach different things. So they feel like living a good honest life and being good people is the best thing to do. Which is awesome, but it will be EVEN BETTER when they understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
We are having an awesome Young Women's activity this week on Wednesday. We are doing a Girls Night! I'm excited. Simona ,who is the Young Women President has never experienced Young Women, so we try to help her as much as we can. We always encourage the young girls to do their Personal Progress and read their scriptures. I love working with them! It makes me think of all my leaders and what an effect they all had on me. It also excites me for the time that I will serve as one of those leaders in the future!
Sora Harward and I are getting a long so well! She is so fun! I can't believe that she only has a few weeks left!
Well, I love you all, thank you all for you love and support!
Love,
Sora Hickman