Monday, May 23, 2011

Hello Family and Friends!
Well, I was a little shocked when I opened my inbox and NO letter from my PARENTS! I was kinda sad, but then it was all explained in the letter from Brad, who just got sustained as the second counselor in the bishopric in his ward! Congrats Brad! He said Mom, Dad and Ann made a quick trip out to Utah so I understood. Brad I know things will be super crazy for you and Jenny, yet I know that you will be blessed. You will have things work out in ways that you never thought possible.

As always thanks to EVERYONE who has written me and for your love and support. I received mail for the first time. I had many letter and some pictures. Kari, Thank you! I think I said this before; I only get mail every 3 weeks, zone conference, interviews and transfers. I'm sorry if I am slow to reply. Know this that I love you all and appreciate everything.
This week was TARE (great)! We had zone conference and training In Arad. We had amazing training afterwards. It is like you feel after you listen to conference...like where to start? Because I feel like I have SO much to improve on. I'm just taking it one step at a time...baby steps. Anyway, we learned a lot on how to be better teachers. I love that! Also, making sure we teach by the spirit. It's amazing to me when we are teaching...if you listen and clear you mind, thoughts and promptings come. We know what to say. So it is always a wonderful reminder.

Coming back to Cluj, the rest of the week was great. We are still working with a lot of our investigators. Loan still has fears about getting baptized. He is afraid to loosing all of his friends and family. They did find a facility for his sick father to live in. That was a great blessing for him and his brother. I hope that we can get him to come to church this next week. I know that if he comes he will see how great the people are and he will gain a family!
We had a sister from our branch return from her mission. Sora Cioban, she served in the Dominican Republic. She is older, it was exciting to welcome her back home on Saturday.
I think I forgot to write this last week, that we started English class! We teach free English, it is a great way to contact people. I love it, Sora and I teach the beginners class. It is so awesome to see all of these people trying to learn English. They struggle to say simple words. I think how I was in the exact same boat with learning Romanian.
The weather here has been SUPER hot! The sun takes a lot out of you. By the end of the day I'm super exhausted, but I am loving it...I am getting some Sweet tan lines! Ha ha, nothing like missionary tan lines.
Well, for a little culture and food moments. People here love to play SOCCER...duh its Europe. Unfortunately we are not allowed to play with a large group of people because someone could get hurt. But, I have made friends with the cutest little kid David. He and His family live in the Dumpster down from our block. Sad, I know, but they are really nice so we take food to them and always talk to them about the gospel. Every night when we come home, he and I pass the ball for a few minutes and talk. He is about 7...super cute, but his soccer ball is really beat up, flat and has a hole in it. So, I bought him a new one today. I can't wait to give it to him! I love seeing all the cute kids. It makes me think of the importance of the knowledge we have that we are ALL children of our Heavenly Father.
One thing that is super nice here in regards to the food is the delicious produce. So fresh and so good I'm so glad because that's what my diet mostly consists of, especially when it is hot outside.
Well as always, I love you all and hope you all have a great week!
Love Sora Hickman