Hi Family!
First off thank you all for the packages and letters. The DearElders are the best thing EVER!! I really love them even though you don't hear from me till Thursday I love hearing from you! Ha ha I head from Holly Lucero this week which was really nice!
This week has been SO GREAT! I worked really hard the last week to be patient and keep working hard...Diligence! Its a Christlike attribute I NEVER thought about. I'm working hard again this week to really implement that into my life. Its getting easier I'm getting the routine down and trying to immerse myself in the work! The love support and PRAYERS I feel. I really am so grateful to have family and friends from all over who are supporting me and praying for me. So Thank you!
On Sunday we had Richard Heaton who is an administration directer for the MTC speak to us. His words were very powerful He talked about the power in doing and inviting. Your investigators will come closer to the gospel when you talk to them about the gospel and pray with them, but when they pray on their own they make leaps and bounds more of a progression! So we have tried to implement that this week inviting our progressive investigators to church, to pray, and to read the Book of Mormon. I read a scripture in 2 Tim. this morning in chapter 4:15-17. It stresses the power of the scriptures and the importance of using them in teaching. i really liked it.
On Tuesday Elder and Sister Richard J Maines from the 70 came. His wife spoke before him she said somethings that really touched me. She said make you mission a celestial mission! So powerful..shouldn't we all be striving to have celestial lives!!?? Her husband talk about the 3 great gifts from the Lord 1. Atonement/ Jesus Christ @. Holy Ghost 3. Eternal life. He focused on the Holy Ghost and the power of being worthy to feel there promptings. I again committed myself to become more and more sensitive and I felt it!
Our teachers Fratele Irion and Sora Petrisor have us teach them in Romanian. They are our progressive investigators and I have felt the Holy Ghost as we are teaching them. Things will just come to me and its so nice especially when you really cant communicate to well! HA HA It really gives me comfort to know
I have the Holy Ghost on my side and the scriptures to help back me up!
I know the gospel is true. I felt such an uplift this week. Ive tried hard to be more Diligent and not thing about the worldly things as much and that really has helped me. I am able to focus more on what is important. In D&C 24:8 I read that scripture a lot these past 3 weeks and I know I can get through this. The Atonement really is a powerful gift...something I can NOT explain or comprehend. I love this gospel and I'm so glad to be a missionary for His church and to carry his name.
Family I hope that each day you are doing things to strengthen you relationship with the Lord and our Savior. Read you scriptures make sure you are Praying with real intent Moroni 10:3-5. If you've gained a testimony of certain aspects of the gospel continually recommit yourself to that testimony to know those things are true! Take strength in the power of the Atonement!
I love you all I hope you are all doing well and that I will hear from you soon!
Te Iubesc!! (love you!!) Sora Hickman
| Elder Newey, Elder Eaton, Elder Melville and Sora Petri sor before he elders were leaving to Romania |
| Sora Henrie, Sora Bennet, and I at Provo temple |